Questions to Ask Your Prospective Childcare Centre
Choosing the right childcare Centre is one of the most important decisions you will make for your child. To help you make your decision, we have compiled a list of questions to ask your prospective childcare Centre either before a tour or while you’re visiting the Centre.
About the Centre
- What are your operating hours?
- How does the pick up and drop off process work at your Centre?
- Do you have a Preschool or Kindergarten program?
- Do you offer casual care bookings for when I need them?
- Has the Centre been through assessment and rating?
About the Staff
- What qualifications do your educators have?
- Do you have qualified teachers in your rooms?
- What training, development and mentoring do you provide for your teams?
- What curriculum do you follow for children of different ages?
About your Child
- What kind of learning opportunities will my child have?
- How can I be involved in my child’s learning?
- How will you help prepare my child for school?
- Will you keep me up to date during the day with what my child is doing?
- How will you let me know if my child is experiencing any difficulties or issues in care? And how will this be managed?
- What will my child be eating on a daily basis?
- Can I see your current menu?
- Do you have any online blogs or programs to support children’s learning?
- What communication do you have for families?
- Can I claim the Child Care Subsidy?
- Can you tell me what my fees will be after I claim the Child Care Subsidy?
- What is your policy in relation to children’s illness?
- Do you have sustainable practices in place throughout the Centre?
- What resources and facilities do you have for children of different ages?
Take the checklist with you
Print this checklist and bring it along to your tour so you don’t forget any of the important questions. We’ve even left some space for you to add your own questions and to write notes.