Questions to Ask Your Prospective Early Learning Centre
Choosing the right childcare centre is one of the most important decisions you will make for your child. To help you make your decision, we have compiled a list of questions to ask your prospective childcare centre.
About the Centre
- How long has the centre been open for?
- Has the centre been through assessment and rating?
- What are the operating hours?
About the Staff
- How long has the Centre Manager been employed?
- What qualifications do the staff have?
- What training and development do you provide for your team?
- What is the educator retention like?
- What’s the staff to child ratio?
About your Child
- What kind of learning opportunities will my child have?
- How can I be involved in the children’s program?
- What are the children eating?
- Can I see a meal plan?
- What is your exclusion policy in relation to children’s illness?
- If I had a grievance, how would I raise that?
- Does the centre have a late fee?
- Do you have any online blogs or programs to access children’s learning?
- What communication do you have for families?
- Are there extra fees for excursions or events?
- Can I claim Child Care Benefit and Child Care Rebate?
Download Our Printable Checklist
Print this checklist and bring it along to your tour so you don’t forget any of the important questions. We’ve even left some space for you to add your own questions and to write notes.