Open 7:00am to 6:00pm
Monday to Friday
Guardian Childcare & Education Prahran
Reviews from Google
- Leading programs where children aged six-weeks to six years learn and discover through play.
- Highly experienced Educators and degree-qualified Teachers support children to grow and thrive.
- Safe, secure environments that support children’s social and emotional development.
- A specialist two-year kindergarten program that prepares children for school, with the benefits of long day care.
Come and see the Centre for yourself, meet the team and have all your questions answered. Book a tour today.
Our centre has been recognised as ‘Exceeding’ the National Quality Standard. This is the highest rating you can receive from a regulatory authority assessment and we are proud to deliver an exceptional service to the children and families who attend our centre.
Mon to Fri 7:00 to 18:00
349 High Street
Prahran, VIC, 3181
Take a Look Around
Take a Look Around
Welcome to our Centre
Guardian Childcare & Education Prahran is a modern yet homely centre boasts a range of exciting and inspiring environments, including two spacious outdoor yards, a water pump, workshop area, vegetable gardens, a worm farm and two open-plan studios.Read More
Meet our Centre Manager
"Every day children amaze me with their imaginations, understanding and interpretations of the world - working alongside and getting to know each individual is the highlight of my day".
Rhythm of The Day
With endless possibilities, there’s never a dull moment at Guardian and no two days are the same. Here’s what a day at Guardian might look like. Please note, this will vary depending on centre opening hours.
Handover time with children, families and our friendly Educators. There’s a chance to share what’s important for the day and any news from home.
Breakfast time where families are welcome to stay and enjoy breakfast with the children.
An opportunity to play and discover with open-plan play in family groups and multi-age groupings.
Planned experiences. This is where the Guardian difference comes to life. Alongside our Educators your child’s exploration leads to learnings in numeracy, literacy, language, critical thinking, problem solving, leadership, social skills, technology, creative arts and much more.
An opportunity for children to come together for a healthy snack, often they help prepare their food alongside our carers and cook.
Individually tailored to your child’s needs and curiosity the planned experiences continue, this includes both indoor and outdoor programs.
Another nutritious meal expertly prepared by our cook. Families are invited to join the children for meals and excursions if they wish.
If your child wants to, or needs to sleep, it’s time to rest and recharge. For children who don’t need to rest the planned experiences continue, in most cases outdoors.
Another chance for the children to come together and re-fuel in small groups or with siblings. There is also an opportunity to rest or play together and reflect on the day.
As you arrive to pick up your child, there’s a chance to speak with our Educators and share news about the day. Our Storypark App also allows you to stay in touch 24/7 wherever you are.
End of day
Your child is encouraged to grab a light snack before they leave the centre. We’re mindful of how routines vary, throughout the day if we notice your child looking tired food will be provided.
Open 7:00am to 6:00pm
Good to Know - What to Bring expand_more
What we Provide
- Five nutritionally balanced meals including: Breakfast, Lunch, Morning and Afternoon tea and a late Snack at the end of the day
What to Bring
- Formula and bottles
- Soft toy or comfort blanket for nap time
- Spare change of clothing
- Water bottle
Our Educators expand_more
Our team of Educators are committed and passionate about ensuring your child will be safe, nurtured and cared for every day. At Guardian, children are encouraged to engage in interest-led play that creates learning and meaningful experiences.
Our Educators seek to optimise diverse learning opportunities and implement the Curriculum as framed by the Early Years Learning Framework.
You and Your Child expand_more
All Guardian Centres provide a Centre-to-Family communication platform so families can maintain contact with their children’s experiences through photos, stories and learning outcomes.
Our Centres use Storypark and each family is provided with a secure login to access on their computers, mobiles or apps.
More about Guardian Prahran expand_more
Our childcare and early learning programs at Guardian Prahran offer so many benefits for families, including:
- Kindergarten Program: We help prepare your child for Primary School with our leading curriculum delivered by specialist Teachers and skilled Educators.
- Partnership with Families: Your peace of mind is important to us, so we work with you and your child every step of the way.
- Community connections. Regular excursions to explore the local area, as well as a ‘home-away-from-home’ approach to care.
- Wellbeing and nutrition. Nutritionally balanced, seasonal meals and snacks prepared by a dedicated on-site chef, as well as regular cooking classes for the children.
- Provide real-world inspired environments. Our Centres inspire curiosity, foster creativity and support discovery with a variety of sensory-rich and sustainable spaces designed for early learning that encourage your child to think, question and do amazing things.
The orientation and settling in period at your new Centre is all about understanding and respecting the needs of both families and children. You are welcome to stay with your child when dropping off or picking up for as long as you and our team feel is necessary. We’ll also take care of you at the start, because we know that sometimes mum and dad need some extra support and a tissue or two!
We aim to make the orientation experience a positive and welcoming introduction to Guardian Prahran. We will provide options for your start at the Centre, which include:
- Inviting you to visit with your child at times that suit you, to familiarise yourself with the Centre prior to your child’s attendance.
- Providing you with a detailed tour of the Centre, which will include introductions to Educators, other children, and families, and that highlights procedures that impact you and your child.
- We will provide you with our Family Handbook, and plenty of opportunities to have all your questions answered.
- Supporting you and your family with the opportunity to stay with your child during the settling in process.
- Encouraging you to share information about your child and any concerns, doubts or anxieties you may have in regard to their enrolment.
From your child’s first day we will work on building relationships with their educators and other children in their room. This will help your child create bonds which will make them feel secure and safe in the Centre. We will also support them to get settled in their new environment by encouraging them to have some fun and enjoy creative experiences which interest them.
Read our FAQs for new families to help with any other questions you may have.
If you’re thinking of enrolling, we’d encourage you to book a tour today. During your tour you will have the opportunity to meet our Centre Manager, Educators and have a really good look around the Centre while the team answer any questions you may have. We even have a list of questions you can ask us to make sure Guardian Prahran is the right fit for you and your family.
Areas that this Centre services expand_more
Guardian Prahran childcare services a number of local areas, including: South Yarra, Toorak, St Kilda, Armadale, Caulfield north and Malvern.
Reviews from Google
Begin the Adventure at Guardian
To explore the centre, chat with our team of Educators and learn more about our high-quality curriculum, book a tour now.
Book a Tour at Guardian Childcare & Education Prahran
Ready to Start the Adventure?
Taking about 30 minutes, you will meet the team, see our learning environments and see our high-quality curriculum. Please ask any questions you might have during the tour.
Your preferred time of Tour
* Mandatory Fields
Select a Date for the Tour*
If there’s anything we can help with, please don’t hesitate to get in touch on 13 82 30.
Enquire at Guardian Childcare & Education Prahran
We are here to help you and answer your questions about our great Centres. Use the form below to tell us how we can help you, and we'll get back to you very soon.
* Mandatory Fields