Kindergarten and Preschool
Together, we are preparing your child for life.
Guardian kindergarten and preschool programs
Our specialist kindergarten and preschool programs for three and four-year-old children provide an environment of safety and security that enables children to explore and understand their world. It’s where they develop the foundational literacy and numeracy skills to thrive. Our kindergarten and preschool programs:
- Are based on world-leading research and best-practice teaching.
- Have the Victorian Government Kinder Tick and Qld Government kindy tick approvals.
- Deliver on the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and the National Quality Standard (NQS) for childcare.
- Are taught by degree-qualified early childhood Educators and Teachers and specialist Educational Leaders who guide the program at each Centre.
- Are embedded in daily experiences to suit family needs and routines.
- Come with the flexibility of long day care hours.
Kindergarten and preschool where children can be themselves
Our safe and secure learning environments respond to children’s needs in a changing world. We support a child’s social and emotional development and readiness for school based on our Moving On Up Program, which focuses on smooth transitions through a child’s early years. Moving On Up is about:
- Belonging through connection and identity
- Being themselves and part of a community
- Becoming creative and curious learners
The Moving On Up program is embedded into kindergarten and preschool experiences throughout the entire day, every day. That means that whatever days you choose based on what suits your family’s circumstances, your child gets the full benefit of the program.
Educating children for tomorrow
Learning should be fun. Guardian kindergarten and preschool programs are a world of fun, where learning through play encourages children to explore and understand their world at their own pace. It helps build their knowledge, develop confidence, and embrace curiosity. Our kindergarten and preschool programs create awesome experiences that use play, coupled with more structured learning, to support children in:
- Developing and understanding language and literacy skills to communicate with confidence.
- Discovering how numbers, measures, and shapes support understanding their world and solving problems.
- Social and emotional learning to develop their confidence, independence, and resilience.
These are the skills the help children be themselves and to grow and thrive.
A smooth transition through kindergarten and preschool and beyond
What worked yesterday won’t work today. We’ve adapted our kindergarten and preschool teaching based on world-leading research and responding to a child’s individual needs and learning style. Transitioning through kindergarten and preschool and on to school is an ongoing process. The key indicators for a smooth transition are their social and emotional development.
- Developing confidence and pride in who they are.
- Comfortable being separated from families and carers.
- Learning to take responsibility for themselves and others.
- Communicating and forming relationships.
- Becoming adaptable to cope with change.
- Practising resilience by persisting in the face of challenges.
- Initiating, being involved and willing to try new things.
- Problem-solving and encouraging curiosity.
Flexible, connected kindergarten and preschool
Our kindergarten and preschool programs provide learning continuity and an uninterrupted transition through the early years and on to school. You choose to do one or both years of the program. Strong, trusted relationships between children, families, and our Educators sets the foundation for children to thrive.
Visible learning is how we show your child’s progress. The Learning Exchange is a display in each learning space showing what your child is doing on any given day. The StoryPark app puts you in the room, with photos, videos, and updates about your child’s day.
Families can arrange a time that suits you to meet with Educators and Teachers to ask questions about our kindergarten and preschool programs and get to know how it prepares your child for school, and beyond.
Moving On Up kindergarten and preschool puts your child at the centre of their learning and growth in rich environments that ignite their curiosity. Talk to your Guardian Team about our kindergarten and preschool program for your child.
What Learning Looks Like
at Different Ages
Looking for the right Childcare Centre for your Family?
Submit your details and a member of our Concierge Team will be in touch to discuss what you need and how we can help you experience something more than childcare.
We'll be in touch soon.