Kindergarten and Preschool
Together, we are preparing your child for life.
Specialist kindergarten and preschool programs for three and four-year-old children.
We have designed a learning environment that responds to their needs in a changing world. Our kindergarten and preschool programs provide an environment of safety and security that enables children to explore and understand their world. It’s where they develop the foundational literacy and numeracy skills to thrive.
Our kindergarten and preschool programs:
- Are based on world-leading research and best-practice teaching.
- Have the Victorian Government Kinder Tick and Qld Government Kindy Tick approvals.
- Deliver on the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and the National Quality Standard (NQS) for childcare.
- Provides a solid foundation to prepare children as they progress to the Australian School Curriculum.
- Are taught by degree-qualified early childhood Educators and Teachers and specialist Educational Leaders who guide the program at each Centre.
- Are embedded in daily experiences to suit family needs and routines.
- Come with the flexibility of long day care hours.
Kindergarten and preschool where children can be themselves.
Our safe and secure learning environments support a child’s social and emotional development and readiness for school, based on the learning outcomes in the government’s framework for early childhood education.
- Children have a strong sense of identity.
- Children are connected with and contribute to their world.
- Children have a strong sense of wellbeing.
- Children are confident and involved learners.
- Children are effective communicators.
Educating children for the world of tomorrow.
Learning should be fun. Learning through play encourages children to explore and understand their world at their own pace. It helps build their knowledge, develop confidence, and embrace curiosity. We create awesome experiences that use play, coupled with more structured learning, to support the development of their language, literacy and numeracy skills.
- Developing and understanding language and literacy skills to communicate with confidence.
- Discovering how numbers, measures, and shapes support understanding their world and solving problems.
- Social and emotional learning to develop their confidence, independence, and resilience.
These are the skills that help children be themselves and grow and thrive.
A smooth transition through kindergarten and preschool and beyond.
What worked yesterday won’t work today. We’ve adapted our kindergarten and preschool teaching based on world-leading research and responding to a child’s individual needs and learning style. Transitioning through kindergarten and preschool and on to school is an ongoing process. The key indicators for a smooth transition are their social and emotional development.
- Developing confidence and pride in who they are.
- Comfortable being separated from families and carers.
- Learning to take responsibility for themselves and others.
- Communicating and forming relationships.
- Becoming adaptable to cope with change.
- Practising resilience by persisting in the face of challenges.
- Initiating, being involved and willing to try new things.
- Problem-solving and encouraging curiosity.
A child’s learning is a partnership with families.
A planned approach
We consider the child’s current care and learning environment and room routine and compare this to the environment and routine they will be moving into to cater for any needed adjustments.
Learning Exchange Displays in each learning space and on the Storypark app show the educational program our Teachers have created to support your child’s learning and development. Families can also learn more about how and when the program is offered and the teaching team’s qualifications, skills, expertise, and passion for caring for and educating your child.
Communicating with families
The Storypark app puts you in your child’s learning space with photos, videos, and updates about your child throughout the day. You will feel like you are right there with your child.
These are an assessment of your child’s learning and development over the year and are given to your child’s new Teacher as children move from three-year-old kindergarten and preschool to the four-year-old kindergarten room or on to formal schooling. By sharing this statement, we make sure your child’s new Teacher at Guardian or School know your child and their progress as well as we do!
Talk to your Guardian Team about our kindergarten and preschool program for your child.