Open 7:00am to 6:00pm
Monday to Friday
Guardian Childcare & Education Thornbury
Reviews from Google
- Leading programs where children aged six-weeks to six years learn and discover through play.
- Highly experienced Educators and degree-qualified Teachers support children to grow and thrive.
- Safe, secure environments that support children’s social and emotional development.
- A specialist two-year kindergarten program that prepares children for school, with the benefits of long day care.
Come and see the Centre for yourself, meet the team and have all your questions answered. Book a tour today.
Take a Look Around
Welcome to our Centre
Guardian Childcare & Education Thornbury is one of more than 40 high-quality Guardian Childcare Centres across Victoria. The spacious and light-filled Centre boasts a range of resource-rich environments, including spacious outdoor areas, natural climbing structures and alfresco dining where the children enjoy meals alongside their peers and educators.Read More
Meet our Centre Manager
“Having a nurturing environment for our children to learn and grow while providing support for our families is what keeps a smile on my face every day”
Rhythm of The Day
With endless possibilities, there’s never a dull moment at Guardian and no two days are the same. Here’s what a day at Guardian might look like. Please note, this will vary depending on centre opening hours.
Handover time with children, families and our friendly Educators. There’s a chance to share what’s important for the day and any news from home.
Breakfast time where families are welcome to stay and enjoy breakfast with the children.
An opportunity to play and discover with open-plan play in family groups and multi-age groupings.
Planned experiences. This is where the Guardian difference comes to life. Alongside our Educators your child’s exploration leads to learnings in numeracy, literacy, language, critical thinking, problem solving, leadership, social skills, technology, creative arts and much more.
An opportunity for children to come together for a healthy snack, often they help prepare their food alongside our carers and cook.
Individually tailored to your child’s needs and curiosity the planned experiences continue, this includes both indoor and outdoor programs.
Another nutritious meal expertly prepared by our cook. Families are invited to join the children for meals and excursions if they wish.
If your child wants to, or needs to sleep, it’s time to rest and recharge. For children who don’t need to rest the planned experiences continue, in most cases outdoors.
Another chance for the children to come together and re-fuel in small groups. There is also an opportunity to rest or play together and reflect on the day.
As you arrive to pick up your child, there’s a chance to speak with our Educators and share news about the day. Our Storypark App also allows you to stay in touch 24/7 wherever you are.
End of day
Your child is encouraged to grab a light snack as they leave the centre. We’re mindful of how routines vary, throughout the day if we notice your child looking tired food will be provided.
Open 7:00am to 6:00pm
Good to Know - What to Bring expand_more
What we Provide
- Five nutritionally balanced meals including: Breakfast, Lunch, Morning and Afternoon tea and a late Snack at the end of the day
What to Bring
- Formula and bottles
- Soft toy or comfort blanket for nap time
- Spare change of clothing
- Water bottle
Our Educators expand_more
Our team of Educators are committed and passionate about ensuring your child will be safe, nurtured and cared for every day. At Guardian, children are encouraged to engage in interest-led play that creates learning and meaningful experiences.
Our Educators seek to optimise diverse learning opportunities and implement the Curriculum as framed by the Early Years Learning Framework.
You and Your Child expand_more
All Guardian Centres provide a Centre-to-Family communication platform so families can maintain contact with their children’s experiences through photos, stories and learning outcomes.
Our Centres use Storypark and each family is provided with a secure login to access on their computers, mobiles or apps.
More about Guardian Thornbury expand_more
Our childcare and early learning programs at Guardian Thornbury offer so many benefits for children and families:
- Qualified Teachers and Educators. It takes a unique set of skills, passion and attributes to make a fantastic Teacher or Educator. Ours is dedicated to giving your child the best start in their education through loving care, individual development and a world-class Curriculum.
- Prepare your child for Primary School. Our Kindergarten Program is designed and led by skilled Teachers and Educators – all with all the benefits of long day care flexibility for families.
- Provide real-world inspired environments. Our Centres inspire curiosity, foster creativity and support discovery with a variety of sensory-rich and sustainable spaces designed for early learning that encourage your child to think, question and do amazing things.
- Cook all meals on-site. Our qualified on-site cooks and chefs prepare delicious and nutritious meals that will have you wondering, “Why doesn’t my child eat that at home?” Our kitchens are a meeting place, where we all experience the joy of food, together.
- Partner with your family. We want to better understand your child to deliver them the best early learning experience possible. We connect with families in person and through our StoryPark app, so you can enjoy the learning journey alongside your child.
- Community connections. Regular excursions to explore the local area, as well as a ‘home-away-from-home’ approach to care.
Guardian Thornbury provides a joyful early learning experience and care for young children aged between 6 weeks and 6 years of age. Founded in 1965, we have become an extended family for the community of Thornbury – creating a welcoming environment of learning and growing that celebrates the individuality of each child.
Your child will love their day at Guardian Childcare & Education Thornbury with our friendly and passionate team of Educators. We have high Educator–to–child ratios allowing educators and families to work together to ensure a happy and productive time whilst children are in our care.
Our Educators take the time to provide families with up-to-date information on their child’s day and development progress. Our Educators are selected for their qualifications and expertise in the early childhood field, and we pride ourselves on the quality of our care and the warm and secure learning environment we provide.
Your child’s learning and development will benefit greatly from their interaction with Educators and other children at the centre.
If you’re thinking of enrolling, we’d encourage you to book a tour today. During your tour you will have the opportunity to meet our Centre Manager, Educators and have a really good look around the Centre while the team answer any questions you may have. We even have a list of questions you can ask us to make sure Guardian Thornbury is the right fit for you and your family.
If you wish to enrol after your tour, our Centre Manager will support you with this process, including our full induction pack and information. You will receive details about government subsidies, immunisation requirements and any other documents needed to confirm your place. If you are not ready to enrol, you will be able to join our waitlist and stay up to date with vacancies and Centre news.
Areas that this Centre services expand_more
Guardian Thornbury childcare services a number of local areas, including: Northcote, Preston, Coburg, Bellfield, Ivanhoe, Heidelberg West, Pascoe Vale South and Brunswick.
Reviews from Google
Begin the Adventure at Guardian
To explore the centre, chat with our team of Educators and learn more about our high-quality curriculum, book a tour now.
Book a Tour at Guardian Childcare & Education Thornbury
Ready to Start the Adventure?
Taking about 30 minutes, you will meet the team, see our learning environments and see our high-quality curriculum. Please ask any questions you might have during the tour.
Your preferred time of Tour
* Mandatory Fields
Select a Date for the Tour*
If there’s anything we can help with, please don’t hesitate to get in touch on 13 82 30.
Enquire at Guardian Childcare & Education Thornbury
We are here to help you and answer your questions about our great Centres. Use the form below to tell us how we can help you, and we'll get back to you very soon.
* Mandatory Fields