Open 6:30am to 6:30pm
Monday to Friday
Platypus Junction Langwarrin
Proudly owned by Guardian
- Leading programs where children aged six-weeks to six years learn and discover through play.
- Highly experienced Educators and degree-qualified Teachers support children to grow and thrive.
- Safe, secure environments that support children’s social and emotional development.
- High-quality two-year kindergarten program that prepares children for school with the benefits of long daycare. Plus get up to $2,050 for 3 and 4yr olds in fee support on top of the Childcare Subsidy to help with the cost of kindergarten.
Come and see the Centre for yourself, meet the team and have all your questions answered. Book a tour today.
Take a Look Around
Welcome to our Centre
Welcome to Platypus Junction Langwarrin, our stunning learning spaces are open, airy, bright, and clean, they’re full of life and designed around children’s development to enable the perfect age-appropriate development. The centre with eight separate aged-grouped rooms is set within our fabulous nature focused garden of mature trees and natives.
- Passionate Educators who focus on relationships with children and families
- Beautifully designed learning spaces to inspire curiosity, fun, and a sense of belonging
- Engaging outdoor environment to spark learning and exploration
Meet our Centre Manager
Michelle Carter & Ben Campbell
“We see every child as unique, and pursue the potential for growth through togetherness, community and learning”
Rhythm of The Day
With endless possibilities, there’s never a dull moment at Guardian and no two days are the same. Here’s what a day at Guardian might look like. Please note, this will vary depending on centre opening hours.
Handover time with children, families and our friendly Educators. There's a chance for conversation to share what's important for the day/what's happened the night before at home.
Breakfast time where families are welcome to stay and enjoy breakfast with the children.
As children are arriving and families are coming and going, there's an opportunity for play as well as family grouping, open-plan play and multi-age grouping.
As the children come together, planned experiences begin. This is where the Guardian programs and practices come to life. Examples of learning include numeracy, literacy, language, critical thinking, problem solving, leadership, social skills, technology, science, creative arts, curiosity and more.
There's an opportunity for children to come together and enjoy morning tea.
Following morning tea, the planned experiences continue. This includes both indoor and outdoor programs.
There's an opportunity for children to come together for lunch. With an open-door policy, families are able to join the centre for meals and excursion if they wish.
For children who want to, or need to, there's an opportunity to sleep, rest or relax. For children who don't need to rest, there are planned experiences, which are more likely to be outdoors.
Children come together for afternoon tea in small groups or with siblings (they can also rest and play together, too). This time also presents an opportunity to reflect on the day.
End of the day
As families arrive to pick up children, there's an opportunity to speak to Educators and share information about the day.
End of the day
Some centres offer early tea or light snack at the end of the day, which they can grab as they leave the centre. We’re mindful of how routines vary at home, so if throughout the day, we notice children look tired, food will be provided.
Open 6:30am to 6:30pm
Our Educators expand_more
Our team of Educators are committed and passionate about ensuring your child will be safe, nurtured and cared for every day. At Guardian, children are encouraged to engage in interest-led play that creates learning and meaningful experiences.
Our Educators seek to optimise diverse learning opportunities and implement the Curriculum as framed by the Early Years Learning Framework.
You and Your Child expand_more
All Guardian Centres provide a Centre-to-Family communication platform so families can maintain contact with their children’s experiences through photos, stories and learning outcomes.
Our Centres use Storypark and each family is provided with a secure login to access on their computers, mobiles or apps.
Centre Highlights expand_more
- Stimulating learning environments equipped with natural open-ended materials and resources
- Large outdoor play spaces featuring natural play structures, sandpits and water play
- Commercial grade, open plan kitchen for the on-site cook to prepare 5 healthy and nutritious meals daily
- Children socialise over meals shared in the Piazza
Begin the Adventure at Guardian
To explore the centre, chat with our team of Educators and learn more about our high-quality curriculum, book a tour now.