Child Safe Organisation
Guardian is proud to be a Child Safe Organisation.
Child safe practices are embedded at all levels in our organisation, governance and culture. Guardian is committed to child safety as our top priority. We believe that all children should be safe, happy, and empowered. We support and respect all children, as well as our team members and volunteers. We will always prioritise the safety, participation, and empowerment of all children.
Children and young people thrive when they grow up safe, connected and supported in their family, community and culture. We are committed to providing environments where all children feel safe, and are safe, including those that are vulnerable and from diverse backgrounds. We work to ensure that their voices are heard about decisions that affect their lives.
At Guardian we:
- actively work to listen to and empower children
- will take all allegations and concerns seriously and respond to allegations consistently in line with our policies and procedures and Child Protection Law and National Regulations
- are committed to engage the most suitable and appropriate people to work with children
- are committed to ensuring that volunteers and all team members have ongoing supervision, support and training so that their performance is developed and enhanced to help protect all children from abuse
- have zero tolerance for child abuse and neglect
We adopt, meet and exceed all Child Safe Standards that have been adopted and legislated in all states and territories of Australia. This includes ten standards in all states and eleven standards in Victoria.