Choosing the right childcare centre for your child is one of the most important decisions you will make. To help you make your decision, we have compiled a list of questions to ask your prospective childcare centre.
About the centre
- How long has the centre been open for?
- Has the centre been through assessment and rating?
- What are the operating hours?
- What is your exclusion policy in relation to children’s illness?
- Does the centre have a late fee?
About the staff
- How long has the Centre Manager been employed?
- What qualifications do the staff have?
- What training and development do you provide for your team?
- What is the educator retention like?
- What’s the staff to child ratio?
About your child
- What kind of learning opportunities will my child have?
- How can I be involved in the children’s program?
- What are the children eating? Can I see a meal plan?
- If I had a grievance, how would I raise that?
- Do you have any online blogs or programs to access children’s learning?
- What communication do you have for families?
- Are there extra fees for excursions or events?
- Can I claim Child Care Benefit and Child Care Rebate?
We have a number of excellent childcare centres in Sydney’s CBD and North Sydney. We’d love to take you on a tour at a centre that’s convenient to you! Head here to find your closest centre.