Changes to The Child Care Subsidy (CCS)
Changes to the Child Care Subsidy: what it means for you
For eligible families, the Child Care Subsidy (CCS) reduces out of pocket expenses for child care. That means children can spend more time in quality care, giving them the best possible start to life.
Your CCS rate is a percentage, based on a number of factors, including your family’s income, the age of your child, and the paid and unpaid activities, like your job or volunteer work, your family is involved in.
What is the CCS? Learn more
From 10 July, a range of changes mean that some families could receive a higher CCS rate, and some families could be eligible for the first time, including those who already have a child in care.
What are the changes?
- The family income threshold has been increased, from $356,756 to $530,000, making subsidised childcare available to more families.
- Families earning up to $80,000 a year will get a maximum CCS rate of 90%, up from 85%, increasing how much of the cost of childcare can be subsidised.
- If you have a combined income estimate below $362,408 and more than one child aged 5 or under, you can still get a higher rate for one or more of your children.
The below table can help to simplify and breakdown the changes coming for CCS and what it means for your family.
|Current CCS||New CCS from 10 July 2023|
What does that mean for my family?
Are you thinking about care?
If you are thinking about care, we recommend once you have decided which Centre you want to enroll at that you apply for your CCS now so there aren’t delays in getting your subsidy. The increased CCS makes quality care and education for your child more accessible. To maximise your child’s time in care and give them the best start to life you can use our simple CCS calculator as a starting point (currently based on FY22/23 rates) so you know what your out-of-pocket expenses are likely to be and then apply for the CCS via Services Australia.
Once you have been assessed for CCS the changes from the 10th of July will automatically be applied to you.
- To find out more go to servicesaustralia.gov.au/childcaresubsidy.
- To discuss your individual circumstances, please contact our Customer Concierge Team on 1300 001 119
We understand that every family’s circumstances are different, and you want to make sure your child will get the best care and education. The best way to learn about how we support your child to grow and thrive, as well as learn more about the CCS is come into the Centre and speak to a member of our team. We’d love to help you.