Culinary Corner: Mini Hawaiian Pizzas
Find your Centre to Enrol
Or use your current location
Mmm pizza. Who doesn’t love pizza? Here’s a recipe for mini Hawaiian pizzas inspired by the families of Wallaby Street Early Learning Centre that the children will not only love but can help make too.
These pizzas are quick to make thanks to the ready-made pitas and a perfect snack or a meal on their own. We encourage children to get involved by adding the toppings and, of course, the eating!
Mini Hawaiian Pizzas
- 4 small wholemeal pita pockets breads
- 8 tbs tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced or diced
- 100g grated tasty cheese (or try mozzarella)
- 150g shaved ham
- Small tin pineapple chunks
- Preheat over to 200ºC
- Place the pita breads onto a baking tray, spread pasta sauce over the base of each.
- Layer tomato, ham and pineapple over the bases
- Sprinkle with cheese
- Bake in preheated over for 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted
Looking for another recipe? Try Isaac’s super fruit smoothie!
About Nutrition at Guardian Early Learning Centres
Our childcare centres across Australia provide nutritious and seasonal meals made for growing bodies and minds. Menus incorporate a wide range of vegetables, fruits, low GI complex carbohydrates, low added sugar and unsaturated fats. Meal times at Guardian offer an opportunity for children to learn new skills and experience new tastes and textures.
Many centres have veggie patches in the yard where the children are involved with looking after, harvesting and preparing the ingredients for meals giving them a full cooking experience.
To read more about nutrition at our childcare centres, head here.
Looking for the right Childcare Centre for your Family?
Submit your details and a member of our Concierge Team will be in touch to discuss what you need and how we can help you experience something more than childcare.
We'll be in touch soon.