14th March 2017
Culinary Corner: Isaac’s Super Fruit Smoothie
For a healthy start to the day or for a nutritious, energy boosting snack, Isaac’s Super Fruit Smoothie is a perfect go-to. A great recipe for children to make themselves, just make sure an adult helps with cutting the fruit and removing the jug.
This recipe comes from Isaac Murphy’s family of Wallaby Street Early Learning Centre.
Isaac’s Super Fruit Smoothie Recipe
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 punnet blueberries
- 1/4 punnet strawberries
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 litre of milk
- Yoghurt (optional)
- Break up banana into a blender
- Wash blueberries and add to blender
- Wash and cut strawberries (adults can help children with this) and add to blender
- Squeeze honey over fruit
- Add milk and yoghurt (optional)
- With one hand on the blender lid, process until all ingredients are combined
Safety tip: Make sure you turn the blender off at the power source before removing the jug.