For the love of food
Your food journey starts here. As a Kitchen Hand at Guardian Coromandel Valley, you will be using and developing your skills and knowledge to support young children to grow and thrive.
You will be working with our Chef creating menus full of delicious and nutritious snacks and meals for children and their Educators, plus being part of the learning experience when they help you prepare food, forage from the garden and learn about what they’re eating.
When you join Guardian, you will be contributing to a Team effort to create awesome learning experiences for children in a safe and secure environment. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with Educators and Teachers to make food part of the learning journey and have the satisfaction of seeing how children respond to new and wonderful flavours. In addition, you will have a great place to work, filled with exciting opportunities to grow your career. In return, we’ll give you a great place to work, incredible colleagues, and benefits that include:
- Be part of the amazing journey supporting children to be brave, curious, and imaginative in their learning.
- Lead your ongoing professional development and learning through exceptional coaching, conferences, mentoring, and career advancement opportunities.
- Use your skills and experience to support children to grow and thrive, and develop a love for food
- Work in high-quality, well-resourced environments for children and Teams
- Enjoy a competitive salary and financial benefits, including attractive remuneration packages, generous childcare discounts, recognition and rewards, and an employee referral program
- Flexible work options.
- WHEREFIT – 2,000 discounted corporate offers at up to 50% off for gyms, studios, activewear, healthy meals, beauty and more…
- Guardian Degree program – We can support you by offering paid study, flexible work hours, guardian mentors and reimbursement of course fees, because we want to see you succeed. (Terms & conditions apply)
- Paid first aid courses and renewals
Guardian Coromandel Valley, located in the south-eastern area of Adelaide, is custom-designed to offer an inspiring and stimulating early learning environment for children aged six weeks to six years. Guardian Coromandel Valley is in a stunning rural location, featuring expansive, light-filled environments, including a spacious outdoor area with an English style country garden and natural creek. The resource-rich centre, filled with nature-inspired and open-ended materials encourages children to explore, ignite their curiosity, learn through bush kinder programs and most of all have fun.
Working closely with the centre Chef, you will enjoy:
- Assisting with the preparation of nutritious, well-presented, and appropriate meals and snacks for the children within the centre
- Ensuring each meal respects individual requirements regarding medical conditions, food preferences and cultural considerations
- Ensure children’s health and wellbeing
- Building strong relationships with the centre Chef, the children, educators, families, and the entire centre community
- Ensure best practice food safety and hygienic standards are always upheld.
To be considered, you will have:
- Food Handling certificate
- Food Safety Supervisor Certificate (desirable)
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery or working towards (desirable)
- An awareness of your personal responsibilities under the current Child Protection Laws
- Current Working with Children’s Check or state equivalent.
So, what are you waiting for? Take the leap and apply now to join Guardian Childcare & Education.
We offer referrals for Guardian employees so join us and bring a friend to refer and earn. For more details, visit: guardian.edu.au/careers/refer-your-friends
Guardian Childcare & Education values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Diverse cultures, backgrounds and experiences strengthen our teams and help us grow. We are committed to providing a workplace where every person is valued, respected, and supported to progress.
We are also deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel a strong sense of belonging and connection.
The safety and wellbeing of children will always be our top priority, Guardian Childcare & Education has a zero tolerance for any form of child abuse or harm.