At Guardian, childcare is more than a job
Are you passionate about supporting young children to discover, explore, and learn as they grow into themselves through quality and innovative education programs? Have you worked hard to convert your passion into professional skills and want to make a meaningful contribution to the lives of young children? Then, Guardian [location] is where you can aspire to grow and excel.
Guardian believes in empowering and supporting Teachers to actively contribute to the education programs we offer, based on the best in contemporary early childhood thinking and practice. With Guardian, you have the opportunity to grow and excel in your career as part of a professional learning community. It’s a place where we celebrate and highlight great work, and you are supported to succeed.
Being an Early Childhood Teacher at Guardian means having a voice and the opportunity to make decisions and develop a learning program that suits the families and their children in your community. You’ll also have a great place to work, incredible colleagues, and benefits that include:
- Lead your ongoing professional development and learning through exceptional coaching, conferences, mentoring, and career advancement opportunities.
- Use your professional skills and passion for education to influence and shape our innovative programs that focus on learning through exploration, discovery, and play.
- Collaborate with other professional Educators and Teachers through workshops and meetings to share best practice and learn from each other.
- High-quality, well-resourced environments for children and Teachers
- Enjoy a competitive salary and financial benefits, including attractive remuneration packages, generous childcare discounts, recognition and rewards, and an employee referral program.
- WHEREFIT – 2,000 discounted corporate offers at up to 50% off for gyms, studios, activewear, healthy meals, beauty and more…
- Guardian Degree program – We can support you by offering paid study, flexible work hours, guardian mentors and reimbursement of course fees, because we want to see you succeed. (Terms & conditions apply)
- Paid first aid courses and renewals
Guardian Childcare & Education Richlands is custom-designed to offer an inspiring and stimulating early learning environment for children. The Centre is conveniently located near Centenary Highway, Progress Road and the Richlands train station, making it a convenient location to reach via public transport.
Guardian Richlands has 135 places for children aged six weeks to six years. The expansive Centre features two playgrounds, nine light-filled learning spaces and two dedicated art spaces. The large, central, outdoor play area acts as a communal gathering space, beautifully and purposefully designed with fun and engaging learning experiences in mind.
These spaces are designed to encourage children to explore, ignite their curiosity, learn and most of all have fun. With large verandas and shady spots for sunny days, plus an alfresco dining area, the Centre is a real home away from home for the children and families. In addition, babies have their own secure play space designed to excite and delight!
As an Early Childhood Teacher you will be part of a passionate team where you will enjoy:
- Contributing to a professional Team to create a safe and secure environment where children are supported to be brave, curious, and imaginative in their learning.
- Building lasting and meaningful relationships with families, so they feel informed and sure their children are receiving the best education and care in the community.
- Supporting Educators to deliver the best in contemporary early childhood thinking and practice.
- Contributing to making your Centre an example of why Guardian is driven by its mindsets of being brave, positive, thoughtful, and professional in all aspects of what we do.
- The opportunity to join Leadership Councils where you can develop leadership skills, collaborate with other leaders, think innovatively, drive change, and participate in decision-making.
To be considered, you will have:
- Tertiary Qualifications (University Degree or equivalent) in Early Childhood Education as approved by ACECQA
- Current Teacher’s Accreditation/ Registration (NSW, SA, VIC & WA)
- Proven knowledge of the National Quality Framework
- Previous experience working in the early childhood sector (desirable)
- Valid Working with Children’s Check or state-specific equivalent.
Be inspired, be inspiring, and introduce us to the Teacher in you. Apply now to join Guardian Childcare & Education.
We offer referrals for Guardian employees so join us and bring a friend to refer and earn. For more details, visit: guardian.edu.au/careers/refer-your-friends
Guardian Childcare & Education values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Diverse cultures, backgrounds and experiences strengthen our teams and help us grow. We are committed to providing a workplace where every person is valued, respected, and supported to progress.
We are also deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel a strong sense of belonging and connection.
The safety and wellbeing of children will always be our top priority, Guardian Childcare & Education has a zero tolerance for any form of child abuse or harm.