Open 7:00am to 6:00pm
Monday to Friday
Guardian Childcare & Education Taringa
Reviews from Google
- Leading programs where children aged six-weeks to six years learn and discover through play.
- Highly experienced Educators and degree-qualified Teachers support children to grow and thrive.
- Safe, secure environments that support children’s social and emotional development.
- A specialist two-year kindergarten program that prepares children for school, with the benefits of long day care.
Come and see the Centre for yourself, meet the team and have all your questions answered. Book a tour today.
Take a Look Around
Welcome to our Centre
Welcome to Guardian Childcare & Education Taringa, a modern and beautiful childcare centre perfectly situated for families living in surrounding suburbs such as Toowong, St Lucia, Indooroopilly, and Chapel Hill.
- Teaches the the basic numeracy and literacy skills needed for academic success and;
- Has clear learning outcomes that deliver on the Early Years Learning Framework and the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood
Meet our Centre Manager
"I believe in providing children with the best opportunities possible to start their learning journeys from an early childhood age. My goal is to create a community that centres around trust and respect for our children".
Rhythm of The Day
With endless possibilities, there’s never a dull moment at Guardian and no two days are the same. Here’s what a day at Guardian might look like. Please note, this will vary depending on centre opening hours.
Handover time with children, families and our friendly Educators. There’s a chance to share what’s important for the day and any news from home.
Breakfast time where families are welcome to stay and enjoy breakfast with the children.
An opportunity to play and discover with open-plan play in family groups and multi-age groupings.
Planned experiences. This is where the Guardian difference comes to life. Alongside our Educators your child’s exploration leads to learnings in numeracy, literacy, language, critical thinking, problem solving, leadership, social skills, technology, creative arts and much more.
An opportunity for children to come together for a healthy snack, often they help prepare their food alongside our carers and cook.
Individually tailored to your child’s needs and curiosity the planned experiences continue, this includes both indoor and outdoor programs.
Another nutritious meal expertly prepared by our cook. Families are invited to join the children for meals and excursions if they wish.
If your child wants to, or needs to sleep, it’s time to rest and recharge. For children who don’t need to rest the planned experiences continue, in most cases outdoors.
Another chance for the children to come together and re-fuel in small groups or with siblings. There is also an opportunity to rest or play together and reflect on the day.
As you arrive to pick up your child, there’s a chance to speak with our Educators and share news about the day. Our Storypark App also allows you to stay in touch 24/7 wherever you are.
End of day
Your child is encouraged to grab a light snack as they leave the centre. We’re mindful of how routines vary, throughout the day if we notice your child looking tired food will be provided.
Open 7:00am to 6:00pm
Good to Know - What to Bring expand_more
What we Provide
- Five nutritionally balanced meals including: Breakfast, Lunch, Morning and Afternoon tea and a late Snack at the end of the day
- Formula (NAN Comfort) and bottles
- Water bottle
What to Bring
- Spare change of clothing
- Soft toy or comfort blanket for nap time
Our Educators expand_more
Our team of Educators are committed and passionate about ensuring your child will be safe, nurtured and cared for every day. At Guardian, children are encouraged to engage in interest-led play that creates learning and meaningful experiences.
Our Educators seek to optimise diverse learning opportunities and implement the Curriculum as framed by the Early Years Learning Framework.
You and Your Child expand_more
All Guardian Centres provide a Centre-to-Family communication platform so families can maintain contact with their children’s experiences through photos, stories and learning outcomes.
Our Centres use Storypark and each family is provided with a secure login to access on their computers, mobiles or apps.
More about Guardian Taringa expand_more
Guardian Taringa offers high-quality early years childcare and education, a world-class curriculum, brand-new purpose-built facilities, incredible resources, an experienced team and a leading Kindergarten Program for older children.
We also offer a range of Centre features and practical additional benefits for children and families to make life a little easier, including:
- Undercover carparking and pram parking
- Close to public transport
- Rooftop playground
- Sweeping views of the city from the playground
- Open plan rooms and facilities
- Out and About Excursion Programs into the local community with the Octo-pram
- Designated drop off and pick up zones to assist with those busy mornings and afternoons.
- Casual care days where possible to help you manage the unpredictable nature of work life and home life.
- Assisting you with the Child Care Subsidy and other entitlements to help you make the most of the financial support which may be available.
- Our family communication app StoryPark to keep you informed throughout the day with photos, videos and updates about your child.
- Ensuring consistency, so that whether your child is toilet training, learning to self-feed or beginning to write, we keep it going for you.
- Providing your child with unexpected benefits such as exposure to a range of cultures and languages via our diverse and multi-cultural educator mix.
- Excursions into the local community.
Each space is designed specifically to cater to the individual needs of the children, and their developmental stages. For instance, you will see in our baby room that resources (eg mirrors are placed low to the ground to help support your baby’s development and growing curiosity). Whereas our toddler rooms we have resources at a higher level and in scenarios to encourage open-ended and loose-parts play; and our preschool environments are specifically tailored to support our children in their transition to primary school.
You are welcome to speak to our educators at any time during the tour for further context on why we arrange our rooms the way we do. There is real science behind it and it’s quite fascinating when you consider the layout and resourcing from the eyes of the child and their developmental stage.
The environment plays a huge factor in learning outcomes for children, so we pride ourselves on helping children and families feel welcome and able to build a sense of belonging, which supports our teaching.
Children are at the heart of all decision-making at Guardian. At all times our teams honour, celebrate and promote childhood by supporting the unique journey of each child. Children are strong, unique and resilient individuals who are capable of complex thinking and their own perspectives.
We value the role of families as a child’s first teacher and we’re committed to developing trusting relationships by listening and responding to families about all aspects of their child’s learning and development. So, our approach is focused on the latest research and insights into how children learn best, and the specific skills they will need to thrive in the 21st Century.
We have an on-site cook who prepares all meals fresh each day, using seasonal and healthy ingredients. We also grow a range of fresh ingredients at most of our Centres, that the children love getting involved with – often harvesting those vegetables and herbs to use in the Centre kitchen as part of their learning about nutrition and wellness. It’s a real playground to plate experience!
Areas that this Centre services expand_more
Guardian Childcare Taringa services a number of local areas, including: Toowong, Ironside, Indooroopilly, Tarragindi, Auchenflower and Torwood.
Reviews from Google
Begin the Adventure at Guardian
To explore the centre, chat with our team of Educators and learn more about our high-quality curriculum, book a tour now.
Book a Tour at Guardian Childcare & Education Taringa
Ready to Start the Adventure?
Taking about 30 minutes, you will meet the team, see our learning environments and see our high-quality curriculum. Please ask any questions you might have during the tour.
Your preferred time of Tour
* Mandatory Fields
Select a Date for the Tour*
If there’s anything we can help with, please don’t hesitate to get in touch on 13 82 30.
Enquire at Guardian Childcare & Education Taringa
We are here to help you and answer your questions about our great Centres. Use the form below to tell us how we can help you, and we'll get back to you very soon.
* Mandatory Fields