Shaping the world of tomorrow through the children of today.
Inspired by the Reggio Emilia Approach and Boulder Journey School, our Curriculum embraces meaningful play-based learning to create lifelong learners. This Curriculum, which falls under the Government’s Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF), intends to maximise the potential of children through developing skills and aptitudes required for a rapidly changing world.
Key Areas of Development
Our Curriculum focusses on the development in the following areas:
- Art and music
- Social and life skills
- Problem solving and investigative skills
“What we learn with pleasure we never forget.” Alfred Mercier
Through forming a genuine relationship with your child, we focus on their unique interests and ways of learning in order to support their development in a way that is meaningful and enjoyable for them. We know how quickly children grow and develop, so our Curriculum planning is sufficiently flexible to accommodate your child’s changing needs.
Underpinning our Curriculum, we believe that:
- Children are global citizens with rights
- Children are intuitive and skilful researchers
- Children’s curiosity is ignited by environments
- Children communicate their theories and express themselves in multiple ways
- Children’s thinking and learning is inspired through visible documentation
Excursions at Guardian
Excursions are an important part of Guardian’s Curriculum. Venturing out into the local area allows children to explore the world around them, form their own identities and feel a part of a community.