Assistant Centre Manager (2IC)
At Guardian Childcare & Education, our Assistant Centre Manager will help create a safe and secure environment for children and staff working in the centre. They’ll guide other team members and help plan and deliver best practice guides. We believe it takes a special person to become an Assistant Centre Manager, where you’ll turn your experience as an Early Childhood Teacher into a role that involves leadership.
If you’ve got the drive to take charge and lead a team to success, then an Assistant Centre Management role could be the next phase of your career. We encourage all people who feel they have the right amount of experience to apply for any available position at Guardian Childcare & Education.
In addition to the competitive salary on offer, you’ll also receive other benefits, including:
- Access to the WHEREFIT program, where you’ll receive team benefits such discounted corporate offers, including up to 50% off gym memberships, activewear purchases, beauty products, healthy meals, and more.
- Access to the Guardian Degree Program, where you’ll receive support as you complete further education. We’ll offer paid study, flexible working arrangements, mentorship programs, and remuneration for your course fees (terms and conditions apply).
- Paid first-aid courses (and renewals) to help you keep up to date with current first-aid practices.
Childcare assistant manager job description
Assistant Centre Managers will be there to support the Centre Manager. Our excellent Centre Managers need people they can rely on and help them with the daily running tasks of a Guardian Childcare centre. Assistant Managers inspire Educators, Teachers and other team members to create a positive and enjoyable working environment. You’ll be responsible for the culture in the childcare centre and ensure everyone is working towards a common goal.
At Guardian, our Assistant Centre Managers will be called to form strong relationships with parents, the team, and community leaders. We’ll provide our Assistant Childcare Managers with a place they can grow and develop to further build their careers in childcare, with many working towards a role as Centre Manager.
What is the role of an Assistant Childcare Centre Manager?
The role of an Assistant Childcare Centre Manager is varied, and you may be tasked to fill positions when required. As a guide, you can expect the following:
- Provide a supportive working environment where educators can focus on creating a safe and secure learning space for children.
- Keeping team members and families informed of upcoming events and issues at the centre.
- Building long-lasting relationships with team members and families.
- Setting the example of what is expected when working at Guardian Childcare & Education and helping to build our position in the community as the childcare centre of choice.
- Contribute to the leadership team and ensure the business performs at the highest possible levels.
What’s it like to be an Assistant Childcare Centre Manager?
The Assistant Childcare Centre Managers will act as the right-hand Centre Managers. They’ll be integral to the daily running tasks and must communicate with early childhood Educators, Chefs / Cooks in the Centre, and administrative assistants.
A part of your day will involve talking to families, children, and other team members and helping to build a community within the childcare centre. As an Assistant Childcare Manager, you’ll receive advice and mentoring from your Centre Manager to take the next step in your childcare career.
How to become an Assistant Childcare Centre Manager?
At Guardian Childcare & Education, we strongly believe in supporting and educating our team, and many Assistant Centre Managers will start as early childcare Educators or administration assistants.
An Assistant Childcare Centre Manager is a role that requires relevant training, such as a Diploma in Early Childhood Education. However, we will consider candidates who are currently completing their training and have relevant experience.
All Assistant Centre Managers require a Working with Children Check and a current first aid certificate. Ideally, you will have some experience working in a childcare centre, but you can be considered for the role if you’ve worked in a similar field. If you feel you have the qualities necessary to be an Assistant Centre Manager, we encourage you to apply for any open positions at Guardian Childcare & Education.
How to apply for an Assistant Childcare Centre Manager job?
At Guardian, we often have vacancies open for Assistant Centre Managers. If you feel you have the experience and qualifications required for the position, we’d love to hear from you!
At our centres, you’ll have access to excellent training to support your career, and you’ll be working in a modern and well-resourced childcare facility. Apply today!