Educators play an essential part in any childcare centre, and at Guardian Childcare & Education, we often look for qualified early childhood Educators. At Guardian Childcare, you’ll have the opportunity to work in a modern and well-resourced centre that allows you to support children’s learning using creative and innovative techniques.
Educators are well known for being passionate about their work, and they’ll enjoy the challenges of sculpting young minds to be the best they can be in all situations. As an Educator at Guardian, you’ll be provided with innovative learning programs developed using the latest research and techniques.
You’ll work with Guardian Childcare with a leading professional team. We offer our Educators a competitive salary, which comes with many rewards and benefits, including:
- Discounted childcare, workplace rewards, recognition, and employee referral program
- Access to WHEREFIT, where you’ll receive over 2,000 discounted corporate offers of up to 50% off gym memberships, activewear purchases, healthy meals, beauty products, and more.
- Access to the Guardian Degree Program, where we’ll provide paid study opportunities, flexible working hours, mentorship programs, and reimbursement of course fees (terms and conditions apply).
- Paid first aid courses and renewals to keep you updated with current first aid techniques.
Childcare educator job description
Educators are passionate about teaching children and watching them develop into well-rounded people. At Guardian Childcare, we support our Educators by providing modern and well-resourced centres that allows them to build trusting relationships with children and families. Educators can rely on each other in a collaborative environment to ensure they teach to the best standards possible.
What are the key roles and responsibilities of a childcare educator?
Children’s health and well-being are crucial components of the role of an early childhood Educator. In these early stages of a child’s learning journey, they must feel safe, secure and supported as they develop.
Educators are expected to work in a collaborative manner where they can rely on the experiences of each other and can ask for help when required. You’ll work professionally to build relationships with children and their families. Other duties that you may be expected to complete will include the following:
- Managing risks and potential hazards.
- Caring for children and seeing their individual needs.
- Communicating with families and the leadership team.
- Completing professional development to ensure you’re up to date with current teaching techniques.
- Reporting on the progress of children in your room and developing learning plans.
How much do childcare educators earn in Australia?
The amount you can earn as an Educator will rely on your current education and experience. There are many different levels and payment structures when you work in childcare. You can work in a full-time, part-time, or casual manner. We can offer flexible working arrangements at Guardian if you are continuing or completing your studies.
At Guardian Childcare & Education, we offer a competitive salary and many other benefits to support you on your childcare career path. Qualified childcare Educators can be offered a pay range from $50,000 to $75,000 for highly experienced workers. The minimum payment you can expect is set by the government award rates.
How to apply for childcare educator jobs?
Skilled childhood Educators are in high demand, and you’ll find that working in a centre that provides mentorship programs and collaborative working environments can fast-track your career. Many applications are completed online, followed by a face-to-face meeting and a visit to the childcare centre you’ll be working in. An open mind, a positive attitude and a passion for teaching are among the best ways to secure a job as a childcare Educator.
At Guardian, we often have vacancies for experienced and graduate early childhood Educators. If you’ve completed your qualifications (or are currently studying) and you’re passionate about being an early childhood Educator, we encourage you to apply for any of our current vacant positions. Apply today!