Guardian Kindergarten Programs
Guardian Early Learning Group provides kindergarten programs for children across their high quality early learning centres in Australia. These kindergarten programs are designed to meet government guidelines to support children’s participation in quality early childhood education. Many state governments offer funded kindergarten programs, so be sure to check with your state government to review what rebates your family may be able to receive.
What is kindergarten?
Often considered the first step to more formalised education, kindergarten programs prepare children for their transition to school. Educational programs for kindergarten aged children should provide a safe and nurturing environment for children to develop confidence, independence, self-awareness and a feeling of self-worth.
Is your child ready for kindergarten?
Kindergarten is not compulsory for Australian children and it depends on the individual child. Age is not the only factor to consider and it’s important that your child’s early years experiences are happy and positive.
If you’re unsure of your child’s readiness for kindergarten, ask your maternal child health nurse or arrange a meeting with the kindergarten teacher.
Play-based learning at kindergarten
At our kindergartens, children are involved in play-based learning allowing them to follow their own interests. Kindergarten educators support children in their exploration and provide them with extensions to their play and conduct meaningful discussion. From projects in the garden to explorations of culture, kindergarten children are part of a rich array of experiences during their time at our centres. Some of the projects our kindergarten children undertake:
- Sustainability projects
- Art-based projects
- Cultural projects
- Excursions around the local area
- Outdoor play including gardening and harvesting vegetables
- Indigenous studies
- Cooking experiences
Features at our kindergartens
At Guardian, we pride ourselves on providing excellent spaces and educators to support children’s learning. Here are some of the features you can find at our kindergartens in Australia:
- We work in partnership with you to ensure your child’s time with us is integrated with your goals and aspirations for your child
- Our educators follow a contemporary play-based Curriculum that supports the National Quality Framework
- Indoor and outdoor environments at our centres are nature-inspired
- We opt for natural resources over plastic toys
- Staff ratios typically operate greater than the minimum standards which ensures our children receive more quality time with our educators
- Nutritious meals are provided using fresh and seasonal produce
- We have an open door policy – call or drop by our centre at any time
- The convenience of pram parking in most of our CBD centres
- Follow your child’s experiences through our daily communication on Storypark – a private and secure platform for families
- Long day care hours at many centres making it easier for working families
Kindergartens in Australia
Guardian Early Learning Group have over 92 childcare centres across Australia. Looking for a kindergarten near you? Use the links below to find a kindergarten in your city.
- Kindergartens in Sydney
- Kindergartens in Melbourne
- Kindergartens in Brisbane
- Kindergartens in ACT
- Kindergartens in Adelaide
- Kindergartens in Perth
Want to learn more about our bespoke Curriculum in our kindergartens? Head here.