Our Philosophy and Values
The Guardian Childcare Philosophy and Values are centered on the very reason we have for being: our children.
The early years are the most critical stage of a child’s development and we have a responsibility to do all we can to maximise this magical time and the learning outcomes it can deliver.
To achieve this, our Centres employ teams of qualified Teachers and Educators who:
- Have a passion for high-quality care and education
- Hold degrees and qualifications in early childhood education and care
- Have a commitment to continuous learning and professional development
- Create and deliver exceptional learning experiences for our children
- Enjoy working in a business that is committed to its people.
We ensure that our children are not only learning and cared for, but are also safe and respected during every moment of their time with us. We do this by:
- Creating learning environments where our children can develop socially, emotionally, cognitively and physically.
- Following Guardian’s Curriculum which views children as competent learners and global citizens with rights – as reflected in our commitment to the UN Convention of the Rights of the Child.
- Establishing and maintaining clean and well-resourced environments in our Centres that inspire curiosity and creativity, while also creating a sense of belonging for all – our children, our educators, and our families.
- Striving to successfully implement the National Quality Framework to the highest standards.
We make every effort to model our behaviours on the Guardian values, every day:
- Being Positive. Loving what we do, assuming people are doing their best, starting with trust, bringing a positive mindset, being an ‘energy giver’ and celebrating often.
- Being Brave. Taking smart risks, trying new things, reimagining what’s possible, thinking big, challenging yourself, speaking up, standing up for what is right, holding people accountable, having the ‘tough’ conversations.
- Being Thoughtful. Being open, honest and fair with people, treating people with respect, being considerate but honest with feedback, celebrating, encouraging
- Being Great. Doing great work, seeking out feedback, doing your best at all times, taking responsibility, getting better every day.
Our Commitment to Doing Good
At Guardian, we are constantly seeking to enrich the lives of the children and families who attend our Centres. One way we have worked to achieve this is through our philanthropic spirit. If the children of today learn about the benefits of helping others, then this is likely to follow them into later life.
We started this initiative in 2010 and have since raised close to $700,000 for the Starlight Children’s Foundation. This was achieved through a wide range of initiatives including:
- National fundraising initiatives
- Centre-based fundraising activities
- Parent contributions
- Contributions from our suppliers and from our Support Office employees.
Our Commitment to the Environment & Sustainability
“We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children” (Native American Proverb)
The environment tomorrow is dependent on how we manage the environment today. And this begins with education around sustainability and the importance of caring for our planet.
That’s why, through our curriculum and the very way we design our Centres, we are work closely with our children and families to develop a sense of responsibility and care for our environment.
Guardian has created an aspirational sustainability strategy with six key goals:
- Reducing our electricity consumption in all of our Centres and offices
- Purchasing environmentally responsible supplies and equipment
- Changing the way we operate so that we reduce our environmental footprint
- Reducing the environmental impact of our buildings
- Reducing the amount of waste we create at our Centres and offices
- Reducing water usage.
While this is a long-term strategy, small changes today can make a significant impact tomorrow. And to maintain a clear focus on our sustainability goals, we have a trained Sustainability Officer at every Centre who drives and maintains this commitment.
Read more about our approach to sustainability in our Centres.
What Learning Looks Like
at Different Ages
Looking for the right Childcare Centre for your Family?
Submit your details and a member of our Concierge Team will be in touch to discuss what you need and how we can help you experience something more than childcare.
We'll be in touch soon.