Tropical Summer Oatmeal
A tropical and delicious oatmeal.
The perfect thing for when you’re snackish!picture_as_pdf View Resource
From Chelsea Coulter from Mulgrave South.
- 1.5L Coconut Milk
- 2 Rolled Oats (Or Flaked Quinoa)
- 1 TSP Vanilla
- 1/2 TSP Cinnamon
- 1 Mashed Banana
- 1 Mango
- 1 Nectarine
- 1 Peach
- 1 Apricot
- Toasted & Flaked Dessicated Coconut
- Bring one litre of the coconut milk to boil in a saucepan.
- Add in the oats, cinnamon and vanilla and simmer on low heat until the oats are cooked and the oatmeal is thick.
- If the oatmeal is too thick use the other 500ml of coconut milk to thin it down until you get the consistency desired.
- Mix through the mashed banana and pour into bowls.
- In a mixing bowl add all the sliced stone fruits together and mix.
- Place them on top of the oatmeal and sprinkle with toasted flaked and desiccated coconut.
- If you prefer a little sweeter oatmeal, add some honey when adding in the bananas.