September 25 – October 6, 2017
Welcome to the Guardian Vacation Care program at 101 Collins Street Melbourne, a high quality and engaging early learning program for children aged 5-12.
We offer families the peace of mind of a fun yet educational program in a secure and convenient environment with your child’s safety and wellbeing our priority.
The programs draw on Guardian’s qualified and committed educators and we provide a minimum educator to child ratio of 1:10 to facilitate optimal levels of interaction and supervision especially when on excursion. This is higher than the current statutory ratio for this age group, which is 1:15.
Frequently Asked Questions
Guardian has developed a customised program in conjunction with early childhood experts. The Guardian Vacation Care – 101 Collins program involves an abundance of games, sports, art and craft, experiences with cooking, construction, imaginative play, exploration and relaxation in both planned and spontaneous activities.
Highlights of the 101 Collins program include:
- Fizzics science incursion
- Excursion to Treasury Gardens
- Jewellery making
- Movie day
- Dance Academy incursion
Guardian Vacation Care is an all-inclusive program offering:
- Bespoke incursion/excursion programs which have been developed by an early childhood professional and are included in the daily fee
- Hi-vis vests and GPS bracelets for children who are required to wear them on excursions
- Five healthy and nutritious meals each day cooked on site by our in-house cook. These meals are served fresh and appeal to even the fussiest eaters. We also cater for all allergies—just be sure to specify any dietary requirements on the enrolment form.
- An Open Door policy where families are encouraged to visit each day, participate in activities as well as take their children out for lunch or breaks, provided that children are signed in or out of the program.
- ‘Storypark’ – a secure site which allows families to access daily journals, photos and information about their child’s daily activities.
- We also provide electronic kiosks at each program location for secure sign in and out, as well as access to a dedicated enrolment support team over the course of the program.
Children aged between 5-12 years, including those with special care requirements.
Children with medical needs will need to attend with a current medical management plan and any in-date medication they require.
As part of Guardian’s duty of care, children with medical needs who do not bring these items with them on the day will not be able to be cared for until they bring the required items.
The Melbourne School Holiday Care program will run from Monday 25 September to Friday 6 October (exclusive of weekends). Note, 29 September is a public holiday in Victoria.
The program is located within Guardian Early Learning- Collins Street, located at Level 10, 101 Collins Street Melbourne.
Entry via 101 Collins East building or at 84 Flinders Lane.
The daily fee is $95 per child inclusive of all excursions and meals.
Parents paying the daily fee may be eligible to claim the Child Care Rebate and Child Care Benefit.
Submit enquiry form and request the days you require.
Our enrolments team will respond to you within one business day of the enquiry being made.
If the days requested are available, you will receive an enrolment pack via email.
If you haven’t received an email from our enrolments team within this time, please check your junk mail or call us on 13 82 30
If we are not able to accommodate your requested days, we will contact you to discuss further options.
Please bring the following documents with you on your first day of care, where applicable:
- Medical Action Plan (valid only for one year)
- Please ensure any required medication is supplied each day and in date
- Immunisation Schedule
- Birth Certificate
- Custody Orders
- Water bottle
- Sun hat
- Medication (including valid Medical Action Plan)
- Spare clothing that includes socks or spare shoes for wet weather
Change of Vacation Care Days
Should you need to change your days of care, bookings can be arranged with the enrolments team on 13 82 30 and will be subject to availability.
Cancellations with more than 48 hours’ notice can be made without charge. Cancellations made with less than 48 hours’ notice should be notified to Guardian’s enrolments team at [email protected] or on 13 82 30.
Refunds for cancelled days can only be credited back to a nominated bank account, the details of which should be provided to Guardian’s enrolment team in writing.
Please contact our customer service team on 13 82 30 to make any changes.