Your calling starts here.
Passionate about shaping young minds and ready to dive into the world of early childhood education? Kickstart your journey as a Trainee at Guardian Marrickville!
Why Join Us:
- Learn from dedicated early childhood education professionals in a safe and secure environment.
- Earn while you learn with formal and practical training to achieve your qualifications.
- Be part of a dynamic program that fosters amazing learning experiences.
What You’ll Experience:
- Build lasting relationships with children and families, supporting them to be brave, curious, and imaginative learners.
- Receive mentoring from highly skilled and experienced professionals, constantly innovating teaching and learning programs.
Benefits on Your Journey:
- Be part of an amazing journey supporting children’s growth and imagination.
- Get a career head start with formal and practical training.
- Work in high-quality, well-resourced environments.
- Enjoy competitive salary and financial benefits, including attractive remuneration packages, generous childcare discounts, recognition and rewards, and an employee referral program.
- Embrace flexible work options.
- WHEREFIT: Access 2,000+ discounted corporate offers for gyms, studios, activewear, healthy meals, beauty, and more.
- Paid first aid courses and renewals.
Rated exceeding in the National Quality Standard, Guardian Marrickville is a bright and airy 130-place centre. Located close to Marrickville train station, the centre includes a range of exciting, resource-rich environments including herb and vegetable gardens, spacious outdoor area, natural play structures, and a range of age-specific ateliers. Our dedicated team of Educators enjoy taking the Children out and about on excursions and maintaining the great connections with the surrounding community.
As a part of our Trainee program, you will gain on the job experience whilst studying. We pay for the course, and you will receive an hourly rate for all hours worked. Upon completing the Traineeship, you will be issued a nationally recognised Certificate III in Children’s services.
The Centre Manager, your team members and the program assessor will provide you with regular support. You will also enjoy;
- Building and maintaining meaningful relationships with children, families and fellow educators and the broader centre community
- Assisting in providing a safe and stimulating environment that meets the social, cultural, emotional, and educational needs of the children and families
- Preparing the children’s play and learning materials for the day’s activities. Then in collaboration with your peers, extend children’s thinking and learning through intentional teaching strategies, inspiring environments and spontaneous play experiences.
To be considered for a Traineeship, you will:
- Have a genuine interest in a long-term career within Early Childhood Education
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Be willing to commit to an 18-month traineeship program
- Be willing to obtain a Working with Children Check or state equivalent.
So, what are you waiting for? To start your career, apply now to join Guardian Childcare & Education.
We offer referrals for Guardian employees so join us and bring a friend to refer and earn. For more details, visit: guardian.edu.au/careers/refer-your-friends
Guardian Childcare & Education values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Diverse cultures, backgrounds and experiences strengthen our teams and help us grow. We are committed to providing a workplace where every person is valued, respected, and supported to progress.
We are also deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel a strong sense of belonging and connection.
The safety and wellbeing of children will always be our top priority, Guardian Childcare & Education has a zero tolerance for any form of child abuse or harm.