Are you a fierce advocate for Early Childhood and uncompromising in your support for Early Childhood Teachers?
A new opportunity is now available for an inspirational Teacher Program Leader to join our Quality and Curriculum team. We are seeking a highly-experienced, passionate, driven and dedicated early years professional to successfully develop and drive our national Teacher strategy as well as lead and mentor our network of qualified and working towards Teachers in NSW/QLD/ACT. This role will partner with our VIC/SA Teacher Mentor and together you will support the development, implementation and review of our Teachers@Guardian Program.
Why work at Guardian?
When you join Guardian you’ll be fortunate enough to work with the most passionate, knowledgeable and well-supported early education experts in their field. If you want to feel empowered in your career every day, then Guardian may be the place for you.
In return, we’ll give you a great place to work, incredible colleagues, and benefits that include:
- Meaningful work, within a company that is passionate about high-quality early childhood education and Teachers
- A supportive environment that empowers you to thrive and gives you the autonomy, accountability and flexibility to shape your own success
- Access to world-class professional development, coaching, curriculum, conferences and mentoring
- Growing company with career advancement opportunities
- Financial benefits including attractive remuneration packages, generous childcare discounts, recognition and rewards, and an employee referral program
- Flexible work options with some interstate travel required
You will sit in a team of multidisciplinary, national early childhood experts who work collaboratively to achieve exceptional learning outcomes for children and teams. Celebrate and raise our community of teachers through your advocacy and leadership.
Reporting to the Head of Curriculum, you’ll enjoy;
- Demonstrating your leadership and ability to think and plan strategically
- Develop, implementing and review the Teachers@Guardian program
- Mentoring, coaching and training our network of Teachers through Teachers’ meetings, training sessions and workshops
- Developing a professional learning community
- Advocating for the professionalism of Early Childhood Teachers
- Supporting the induction of new Teachers, guiding them and making them feel heard within the organisation
- Meeting all practice and reporting obligations as is required of Guardian and relevant external bodies
- Building internal and external partnerships with all key stakeholders including, but not limited to, other Guardian teams, universities and professional bodies
- Undertaking project work as required
To be considered, you will have:
- Ability to think innovatively, influence others and drive strategic direction
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills across multi-site teams
- The ability to lead, engage and inspire others
- Significant experience as an Early Childhood Teacher and/or Educational Leader
- Bachelor of Teaching/Education (Early Childhood) or equivalent
- Experience and knowledge of the Teacher accreditation/registration process
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills with proven ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with all key stakeholders
- An engaging style and a natural ability to influence
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation and time management skills
- Strong learning agility
- A results driven, strategic and resilient mindset
Guardian Childcare & Education is an innovative, passionate and committed organisation that advocates for high-quality early years education and care. We have a focus on contemporary early years pedagogy which is supported by exceptional learning environments, documentation and the advocacy of children’s rights.
The Guardian journey began in 2004 and today we operate and own over 130 high quality early learning centres nationwide and growing. You’ll work with a supportive peer group, you’ll love our team spirit as well as our ever-changing environment, now is a great time to join us.
It all adds up to an amazing opportunity to contribute to our business. If helping to create positive change excites you, we’d love to hear from you.
Guardian Childcare & Education values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Diverse cultures, backgrounds and experiences strengthen our teams and help us grow. We are committed to providing a workplace where every person is valued, respected, and supported to progress.
We are also deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel a strong sense of belonging and connection.
The safety and wellbeing of children will always be our top priority, Guardian Childcare & Education has a zero tolerance for any form of child abuse or harm.