About the role
The Operations Manager role is critical to the success of the organisation. The OM is responsible for leading consistent state performance across the six Guardian Pillars. They support the General Manager in ensuring that Guardian is the centre of choice in their local community, known for delivering awesome outcomes for children, families, team members and the business.
The primary outcomes this role will deliver are:
- Leadership of State Coaches and Centre Managers across 24 centres to deliver on targets in 6 key areas – high quality practice, high performing teams, business performance, awesome family experience, awesome team experience and safety. This is achieved through the development and implementation of high-quality action plans for each centre and the overall state. • Sustainable performance improvement across the state and with a focus on taking insights to scale.
- Strong connection and collaboration between centres across the portfolios and state.
- Right person in the right role doing the right thing at the right time in all key centre leadership team and centre support roles.
- Capability building of centre leadership team members and centre support roles.
- The development of strong talent pipelines within centres and the state to support career succession plans and develop strong talent pathways.
- Contribution to the broader network by producing tools and insights that enable all centres to improve performance.
- The Operations Manager is accountable to the General Manager for People, Practice and Performance outcomes across the state.
At Guardian Childcare & Education we celebrate childhood. Guardian is a place where our people are recognised and rewarded for bringing their whole self to work. It’s what’s in you that makes a child’s experience truly unique
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, MINDSETS AND BEHAVIOURS
Required Qualifications and experience
- 6 to 8 years’ experience in a multi-site business, with 5 years of management experience.
- Significant prior work experience in a business improvement / business efficiency role including solution design, implementation planning along with training and toolkit development
- Strong experience in performance improvement with a demonstrated track record of multi-site performance uplift in short periods of time
- Displays high Business acumen knowledge and skill
- Demonstrated understanding of how to coach for success and personal growth
- Tertiary or university degree in an Early Learning (desirable)
- Business Administration qualification or alike (desirable)
- Strong knowledge of the National Quality Framework and state regulatory requirements (desirable)
- Strong experience in childcare industry
- Strong understand of Commercial and Business Acumen
- Strong understanding of the business drivers
- Be analytical and methodical in your approach to problems
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills both written and verbal
- Strong time management and delegation skills
- Thorough understanding and proven experience and knowledge of all busines systems
- Demonstrated project-management experience
- An ability to work within and understand financial parameters; Be results driven
- Excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills to develop strong internal and external relationships.
- Ability to analyse and resolve varied and complex problems which may require the involvement of multiple parties.
- Access to professional development; coaching and mentoring programs including; bachelor program, workshops, short courses, peer meetings and qualification updates.
- High-quality, well-resourced environments.
- Attractive remuneration package with scope for future growth.
- Recognition program; rewarding outstanding performances individuals and teams as well as compelling incentives for key achievements.
- Annual Award Nights and Events to Celebrate You
- Employee referral program – Earn up to $3,000.
- Generous Childcare discounts for your own children.
- Flexibility and support – we understand how important life balance is.
So, what are you waiting for? Take the leap and APPLY NOW to join Guardian Childcare and Education