More than a list of benefits
Our mission is to deliver the best childcare experience possible for children and families – and that’s why we seek out awesome people.
If you want to feel empowered in your career every day, then Guardian may be the place for you. Our screening and interview process is just one piece of the puzzle – we want people who know how to light up a child’s curiosity and enthusiasm for learning.
In return, we’ll give you a great place to work, incredible colleagues, and opportunities that include:
- Access to world-class professional development, coaching, Curriculum, conferences and mentoring
- Become fluent in Reggio Emilia and Boulder Journey School-inspired programs that focus on respect, responsibility and community – brought to life through exploration, discovery and play.
- Working in high-quality, well-resourced environments
- A range of financial benefits including:
- Attractive remuneration packages: Above award and highly competitive
- Employee assistance and hardship fund: We encourage the use of our complimentary and confidential Employee Assistance Program and financial coaching and support
- Generous childcare discounts: Based on years of service, employees enjoy a discount on fees at the centre of their choice, with CCS applied to the discounted amount.
- Recognition and rewards: Monthly awards for Educators and Support team members who show exceptional effort.
- Employee referral program: up to $3,000 for successfully referring an employee to Guardian.
- A company-wide commitment to health and wellness. The Guardian ‘Be Safe’ system outlines our approach and commitment to keeping our centres safe for: Children, Educators, Families and visitors. Our goal is to care for each other, be injury free and contribute positively to health and wellbeing
Career advancement and pathway options. We know that every career path is individual and every employee has different ambitions, so we tailor our career support to every individual, like Bronwyn…
“After a 23-year long career as a teacher in schools, I looked for an Early Childhood career opportunity which aligned with my commitment to young children. Values were incredibly important to me, as was the Reggio Emilia approach. I was also looking for a company or organisation which offered further career opportunities in the pedagogy space, beyond what was traditionally available. Guardian was the place I came to as my first choice.
Throughout my time at Guardian, I have grown and developed, and I love that the work I do is seen and that I have so many opportunities to be innovative. It’s the trust and respect that I really value. Every day I work with early childhood professionals who I respect and who give me the energy and drive to always want to do more and be more. Early Childhood is the place where I belong, and after almost 30 years I am still fascinated by young children learning and seeing it happening right before my eyes. It’s exciting and inspiring.”
Bronwyn Thomson, Queensland Curriculum Lead
Be a Centre Manager
With more than 120 centres across Australia, our Centre Managers are pivotal in delivering on our vision to be the highest quality provider for childcare and early learning for families in Australia. And we treat them as such.
A Variety of roles
Our roles are more than just a job description. From our Support Office team to our Early Childhood Teachers, Operations teams and Centre Managers – we seek out the most awesome candidates because we want the best outcomes for our children and families.
Training and development
As the children in our care grow, so too do our People. We recognise that learning is a lifelong journey, and we support our team on that journey of development throughout their career with us.