Being an Early Childhood Teacher – Room Leader at Guardian means having a voice and the opportunity to make decisions and develop a learning program that suits the families and their children in your community. You’ll also have a great place to work at our exceeding centre in Forde, incredible colleagues, and benefits that include:
- Lead your ongoing professional development and learning through exceptional coaching, conferences, mentoring, and career advancement opportunities.
- Use your professional skills and passion for education to influence and shape our innovative programs that focus on learning through exploration, discovery, and play.
- Collaborate with other professional Educators and Teachers through workshops and meetings to share best practice and learn from each other.
- High-quality, well-resourced environments for children and Teachers
- Enjoy a competitive salary and financial benefits, including attractive remuneration packages, generous childcare discounts, recognition and rewards, and an employee referral program.
- WHEREFIT – 2,000 discounted corporate offers at up to 50% off for gyms, studios, activewear, healthy meals, beauty and more…
- Guardian Degree program – We can support you by offering paid study, flexible work hours, guardian mentors and reimbursement of course fees, because we want to see you succeed. (Terms & conditions apply)
- Paid first aid courses and renewals.
Our 102 place centre in Forde is rated Exceeding in the National Quality Standard. The centre includes a range of resource-rich environments including a community library and pantry, upcycles furniture and environments filled with loose parts to encourage children to explore and learn. Forde is conveniently located close to bus stops, parks and playgrounds
The light-filled and spacious centre also has a pet guinea pigs, chickens, vegetable gardens, a worm farm, water play, stay and play pods, an Indigenous mural, and a range of age-specific ateliers.
As an Early Childhood Teacher, you will be part of a passionate team where you will enjoy:
- Leading a team of educators with a focus on individual development and mentoring in the education, care, and supervision of each child at the Centre
- Building lasting and meaningful relationships with families, so they feel informed and sure their children are receiving the best education and care in the community.
- Supporting Educators to deliver the best in contemporary early childhood thinking and practice and supporting the Centre leadership team to implement and embed the Guardian Curriculum
- Making your Centre an example of why Guardian is driven by its mindsets of being brave, positive, thoughtful, and professional in all aspects of what we do.
- Implementing an educational program that is visible in the Centre environment and on Story Park, that provides opportunities for families, children, and educators to view and contribute their ideas and suggestions to the program. This includes maintaining children’s learning and development profiles.
- Contributing to the self-assessment process and the strategies for continuous improvement
- The opportunity to join Leadership Councils where you can develop leadership skills, collaborate with other leaders, think innovatively, drive change, and participate in decision-making.
To be considered, you will have:
- Tertiary Qualifications (University Degree or equivalent) in Early Childhood Education as approved by ACECQA
- Current Teacher’s Accreditation/ Registration (NSW, SA, VIC & WA)
- Proven knowledge of the National Quality Framework
- Previous experience working in the early childhood sector (desirable)
- Valid Working with Vulnerable People Check
Be inspired, be inspiring, and introduce us to the Teacher in you. Apply now to join Guardian Childcare & Education.
We offer referrals for Guardian employees so join us and bring a friend to refer and earn. For more details, visit: guardian.edu.au/careers/refer-your-friends.
Guardian Childcare & Education values diversity in the workplace and is an equal-opportunity employer. Diverse cultures, backgrounds and experiences strengthen our teams and help us grow. We are committed to providing a workplace where every person is valued, respected, and supported to progress.
We are also deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel a strong sense of belonging and connection.
The safety and wellbeing of children will always be our top priority, Guardian Childcare & Education has a zero tolerance for any form of child abuse or harm.