Your skills, experience, and passion for supporting children as they begin to discover and explore their world are just what we need at Guardian Blackburn North. As Lead Educator, you will work with Educators in the Centre, supporting their teaching practice as they grow and excel as professionals.
You will be building meaningful relationships with children and families, ensuring children are supported to be brave, curious, and imaginative in their learning. Lead Educators are a vital link in supporting Educators and Centre Leadership to develop and implement innovative early learning programs that will set children up for formal schooling and beyond.
As a Lead Educator at Guardian Blackburn North, you will have the opportunity to grow and excel in your career. Guardian offers professional learning and development programs, career pathways, and a truly collaborative and inclusive learning environment where everyone across the organization is committed to supporting each other in their professional journey.
Joining Guardians means being part of a professional and thoughtful Team with great benefits that include:
- Lead your ongoing professional development and learning through educational programs and support and mentoring and peer support opportunities.
- Collaborate with other professional Educators and Teachers through workshops and meetings to share best practice and learn from each other as you innovate in early childhood education programs based on exploration, discovery, and play.
- Work in high-quality, well-resourced environments for children and Educators.
- Reward and recognition initiatives to acknowledge the value of your contribution to our purpose.
We also offer…
- Enjoy a competitive salary and financial benefits, including attractive remuneration packages, generous childcare discounts, recognition and rewards, and an employee referral program
- WHEREFIT – 2,000 discounted corporate offers at up to 50% off for gyms, studios, activewear, healthy meals, beauty and more…
- Guardian Degree program – We can support you by offering paid study, flexible work hours, guardian mentors and reimbursement of course fees, because we want to see you succeed. (Terms & conditions apply)
- Paid first aid courses and renewals
Our Blackburn North day care and child care centre is conveniently situated for families living in surrounding suburbs such as Blackburn, Box Hill North, Doncaster, Doncaster East, Donvale and Nunawading.
Our high quality, well-resourced environments include:
- Passionate Educators who focus on relationships with children and families
- Beautifully designed learning spaces to inspire curiosity, fun, and a sense of belonging
- Two spacious outdoor play areas with native trees, a ‘secret garden’, tree swing and vegetable patches, sparking adventure and exploration
Easily accessible from Surrey Road, our day care and child care centre Blackburn North is conveniently located near a number of bus stops, and offers onsite parking; making it easier for you during pick up and drop off times. Situated near Cootamundra Park, our Blackburn North child care is also in proximity to Old Orchard Primary School, St Philips Primary School and Blackburn High School, providing ample opportunities for getting out and about into the community.
Working closely with your fellow Educators and Centre Leadership Team, you will enjoy;
- Developing and maintaining meaningful relationships with children, families, colleagues, and the centre community.
- Lead and guide teams in developing and implementing an innovative early learning program reflective of current early years thinking and practice.
- Documenting and sharing with families in their children’s learning and development.
- Actively contributing to the implementation and adoption of the Guardian Curriculum.
- Professional learning and development programs, career pathways, and a truly collaborative and inclusive learning environment.
To be considered, you will have:
- A Diploma in Children’s Services (or working towards)
- Prior experience in long day-care
- Sound, practical working knowledge and implementation of the NQF and the EYLF
- Current Working with Children’s Check.
So, what are you waiting for? Take the leap and apply now to join Guardian Childcare & Education.
We offer referrals for Guardian employees so join us and bring a friend to refer and earn. For more details, visit: guardian.edu.au/careers/refer-your-friends
Guardian Childcare & Education values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Diverse cultures, backgrounds and experiences strengthen our teams and help us grow. We are committed to providing a workplace where every person is valued, respected, and supported to progress.
We are also deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel a strong sense of belonging and connection.
The safety and wellbeing of children will always be our top priority, Guardian Childcare & Education has a zero tolerance for any form of child abuse or harm.