Take the lead
Your skills, experience, and passion for supporting children as they begin to discover and explore their world are just what we need at Guardian Preston. We have amazing Educators who create safe and secure environments where young children thrive. As Lead Educator, you will work with Educators in the Centre, supporting their teaching practice as they grow and excel as professionals.
You will be building meaningful relationships with children and families, ensuring children are supported to be brave, curious, and imaginative in their learning. Lead Educators are a vital link in supporting Educators and Centre Leadership to develop and implement innovative early learning programs that will set children up for formal schooling and beyond.
As a Lead Educator at Guardian Preston, you have the opportunity to grow and excel in your career. Guardian offers professional learning and development programs, career pathways, and a truly collaborative and inclusive learning environment where everyone across the organisation is committed to supporting each other in their professional journey.
Joining Guardians means being part of a professional and thoughtful Team with great benefits that include:
- Lead your ongoing professional development and learning through educational programs and support and mentoring and peer support opportunities.
- Collaborate with other professional Educators and Teachers through workshops and meetings to share best practice and learn from each other as you innovate in early childhood education programs based on exploration, discovery, and play.
- Work in high-quality, well-resourced environments for children and Educators.
- Reward and recognition initiatives to acknowledge the value of your contribution to our purpose.
- Enjoy a competitive salary and financial benefits, including attractive remuneration packages, generous childcare discounts, recognition and rewards, and an employee referral program
- WHEREFIT – 2,000 discounted corporate offers at up to 50% off for gyms, studios, activewear, healthy meals, beauty and more…
- Guardian Degree program – We can support you by offering paid study, flexible work hours, guardian mentors and reimbursement of course fees, because we want to see you succeed. (Terms & conditions apply)
- Paid first aid courses and renewals
Guardian Childcare & Education Preston is a beautiful Centre in a heritage-listed mansion, and features the building’s original façade, thriving gardens, a huge grapevine, music classes, and a range of learning spaces and play areas, filled with high quality resources.
Our Guardian Preston childcare boasts renovated outdoor spaces, a treehouse fort, water pumps, creek beds and natural play structures, children are encouraged to explore and learn at their own pace. The Centre also offers a two-year funded Kindergarten Program, delivered by degree-qualified Teachers, to help prepare your child for the exciting transition to primary school. Our Kindergarten program, in a long day care setting, is aligned with the Early Years Framework.
Our engaging, resource-rich environments include:
- High quality learning programs to inspire curiosity, creativity and a sense of belonging
- Indoor learning spaces and outdoor play spaces, all filled with fun, play-based educational resources
- Nutritious meals and snacks are prepared fresh, on-site by our amazing Cooks and Chefs
- Nappies, SPF 50+ sunscreen, high-quality formula, and bed linen all provided
We are proud to have a culturally diverse team and we take pride in celebrating a variety of cultures and holidays throughout the year. In addition, the children at our Preston early learning centre get out and about on regular excursions to Preston Market, our local café and the neighbouring park, where we enjoy wonderful connections to the local community. We keep families up to date with our activities through our communication app StoryPark.
Our on-site Chef prepares five nutritionally balanced meals using seasonal ingredients each day. To further explore food at the Centre, Educators host regular hands-on cooking experiences for the children to extend on their knowledge of nutrition, encouraging them to try new tastes and textures!
Working closely with your fellow Educators and Centre Leadership Team, you will enjoy;
- Developing and maintaining meaningful relationships with children, families, colleagues, and the centre community.
- Lead and guide teams in developing and implementing an innovative early learning program reflective of current early years thinking and practice.
- Documenting and sharing with families in their children’s learning and development.
- Actively contributing to the implementation and adoption of the Guardian Curriculum.
- Professional learning and development programs, career pathways, and a truly collaborative and inclusive learning environment.
To be considered, you will have:
- A completed Diploma in Children’s Services (or working towards)
- Prior experience in long day-care
- Sound, practical working knowledge and implementation of the NQF and the EYLF
- Current Working with Vulnerable People Check
So, what are you waiting for? Take the leap and apply now to join Guardian Childcare & Education.
We offer referrals for Guardian employees so join us and bring a friend to refer and earn. For more details, visit: guardian.edu.au/careers/refer-your-friends
Guardian Childcare & Education values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Diverse cultures, backgrounds and experiences strengthen our teams and help us grow. We are committed to providing a workplace where every person is valued, respected, and supported to progress.
We are also deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel a strong sense of belonging and connection.
The safety and wellbeing of children will always be our top priority, Guardian Childcare & Education has a zero tolerance for any form of child abuse or harm.