Exciting Chef Opportunity at Guardian Caringbah!
Passionate about creating delicious and nutritious meals that support children’s learning and growth? Join Guardian Caringbah as a Chef and be at the heart of nurturing young minds.
- Create mouthwatering menus for children and their Educators.
- Be part of the learning journey as children explore food, forage from the garden, and savor new flavors.
What You’ll Experience:
- Collaborate with Educators and Teachers to make food an integral part of the learning experience.
- Enjoy mealtimes where children and teams bond over great food.
- Be part of an amazing journey supporting children to be brave, curious, and imaginative.
- Lead your professional development with coaching, conferences, and career advancement opportunities.
- Utilize your skills to support children’s growth and develop their love for food.
- Work in high-quality, well-resourced environments.
- Competitive salary, childcare discounts, recognition, and rewards.
- Flexible work options.
- Guardian Degree program support for paid study, flexible hours, and course fee reimbursement (terms & conditions apply).
- WHEREFIT: Access 2,000+ discounted corporate offers for gyms, studios, activewear, healthy meals, beauty, and more.
- Paid first aid courses and renewals.
We’re proud of the bright and inspiring custom-designed spaces, structures and experiences at Caringbah. Our 120 place centre, which is rated exceeding in the National Quality Standard, includes vegetable gardens, an inbuilt slide, climbing frames and open-ended resources for learning. Located close to public transport and street parking, the centre is proud to have a culturally diverse team of Educators and celebrate a variety of cultures and holidays in our centre throughout the year.
To be considered, you will have:
- Food Handling certificate
- Food Safety Supervisor Certificate (desirable)
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery or working towards (desirable)
- An awareness of your personal responsibilities under the current Child Protection Laws
- Current Working with Children’s Check or state equivalent.
So, what are you waiting for? Take the leap and apply now to join Guardian Childcare & Education.
We offer referrals for Guardian employees so join us and bring a friend to refer and earn. For more details, visit: guardian.edu.au/careers/refer-your-friends
Guardian Childcare & Education values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Diverse cultures, backgrounds and experiences strengthen our teams and help us grow. We are committed to providing a workplace where every person is valued, respected, and supported to progress.
We are also deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel a strong sense of belonging and connection.
The safety and wellbeing of children will always be our top priority, Guardian Childcare & Education has a zero tolerance for any form of child abuse or harm.