Guardian Childcare & Education is a community of early childhood professionals dedicated to providing high quality early learning and care for children and families. The Guardian journey began in 2004 and today we operate and own over 110 early learning centres nationwide and growing. Now is a great time to join us.
Guardian is a flexible employer looking to find a passionate graphic designer to work 3 days a week.
As part of the dynamic and well regarded Guardian design team, you will work closely with the broader marketing team to deliver graphic design requirements for the internal and external brand communications. You will translate the brand vision across all areas of the business, encompassing both conceptual and hands-on responsibilities with delivery expectations of high quality and innovative print and digital artwork.
- Translate business objectives into creative solutions across all customer touch-points
- Taking internal briefs and generating design concepts through to final assets, that address the marketing needs of internal stakeholders
- Interpreting design concepts from external agencies and translating these for use across a range of platforms and media channels
- Visual brand guardianship. Ensuring consistency by adhering to brand guidelines and principles across all design work, providing brand and design feedback to internal stakeholders and agency partners and educating agency partners on brand guidelines and architecture
- Managing ad hoc graphic design requests across the organization
- Create digital assets including social media banners/posts, motion tiles, website banners or tiles, static ads and EDM’s, website creative graphic content, and some image editing
- Photo retouching when required
- Other marketing collateral including but not limited to printed material
- Video editing when required
- Design and development of print-based artwork – brochures, flyers, posters for internal and External stakeholders
- Develop and foster strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate the delivery of a consistent, awesome customer acquisition strategy that delivers business objectives
- Management of marketing presentations as required
- Set priorities, plan workload, meet deadlines and achieve the objectives for the portfolio
- Other duties as directed the Head of Design
- Completion of all digital and traditional marketing materials in a timely manner
- Anticipate the marketing requirements of Centres
- Ability to build and nurture strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure that a unique brand approach is taken across all centres
- Ensure all marketing material meets business objectives
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Diploma or Degree in Graphic Design is essential
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and Microsoft Suite
- A proven track record of bringing to life design briefs that deliver on brand positioning and engage the consumer
- A proven ability to concept and bring to life creative concepts across all channels maximising each platform and their unique audience
- Experience in digital design such as banners, eDMs, social media content.
- Video editing skills not mandatory, however would be good to have basic experience.
- A curious, creative and strategic thinker
- Design skills in Powerpoint, Word and good at infographics
- Highly motivated, high energy and thrives off a fast-paced environmen
- Time management – you are proactive, organised, meet deadlines and able to multi-task and balance conflicting priorities. Strong ability to manage multiple stakeholders across different priorities
- Outstanding communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ambitious and fun with an aptitude for learning new things
We are a hard-working team experiencing growth. If helping to create positive change excites you, we’d love to hear from you. Apply today!
*Please attach examples of your work with your CV or link to your online portfolio.