Are you ready to embark on an incredible adventure with children? Join Guardian Walker Street and let your creativity and passion thrive as an Educator!
At Guardian, we believe in the power of brave, curious, and imaginative children who shape the future. If you have the courage to make a difference in the lives of Australia’s little superheroes, then we want you!
Why Guardian? Because we offer more than just a job.
- Lead your ongoing professional development and learning through educational programs, mentoring, and peer support opportunities.
- Collaborate with other professional Educators and Teachers through workshops and meetings to share best practice and learn from each other as you innovate in early childhood education programs based on exploration, discovery, and play.
- Work in high-quality, well-resourced environments for children and Educators.
- Reward and recognition initiatives to acknowledge the value of your contribution to our purpose.
- Enjoy a competitive salary and financial benefits, including attractive remuneration packages of $26-$36 depending on experience/location/role type, generous childcare discounts, recognition and rewards, and an employee referral program.
But wait, there’s more!
- For eligible candidates, we are excited to be able to offer educators who hold a Certificate III in Early Childhood a sponsored Diploma of Early Childhood Education & Care. That means there will be no contribution fees paid by the educator! (Terms & conditions apply)
- WHEREFIT – 2,000 discounted corporate offers at up to 50% off for gyms, studios, activewear, healthy meals, beauty and more!
- Guardian Degree program – We can support you by offering paid study, flexible work hours, guardian mentors and reimbursement of course fees, because we want to see you succeed. (Terms & conditions apply)
- Paid first aid courses and renewals
Rated exceeding in the National Quality Standard, Walker Street is a 60-place service that is proud to have a culturally diverse team and celebrate a variety of cultures and holidays. Conveniently located near North Sydney train station and bus stops, this centre boasts a wonderful purpose-built outdoor environment, art studio, and bright interiors with plenty of resources. Our community-minded Educators also organise family dinners on a Friday evening, as well as various events and fundraisers throughout the year.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it:
- Develop and maintain meaningful relationships with children, families, colleagues, and the centre community.
- Implement an innovative early learning program that reflects the latest in early years thinking and practice.
- Share and document children’s learning and development with families, creating a collaborative learning process.
- Contribute to the implementation and adoption of the Guardian Curriculum – where imagination and growth thrive!
What you need to join this super team:
- A completed Certificate III and/or Diploma in Children’s Services (or working towards it)
- Prior experience in long day-care
- Sound knowledge of the NQF and the EYLF, with practical implementation skills
- Current Working with Children’s Check
If you’re ready to unleash your inner superhero and create a world of learning and fun for children, apply now! We can’t wait to welcome you to the Guardian family.
We offer referrals for Guardian employees so join us and bring a friend to refer and earn. For more details, visit: guardian.edu.au/careers/refer-your-friends
Guardian Childcare & Education values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Diverse cultures, backgrounds and experiences strengthen our teams and help us grow. We are committed to providing a workplace where every person is valued, respected, and supported to progress.
We are also deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel a strong sense of belonging and connection.
The safety and wellbeing of children will always be our top priority, Guardian Childcare & Education has a zero tolerance for any form of child abuse or harm.