We believe in you!
As an Educator at Guardian St Ives you can fulfil your passion and aspire to make a difference in the lives of Australia’s children. Being an Educator at Guardian means having a voice and contributing to innovative teaching programs based on world-leading research that adapts to the needs of tomorrow, truly putting children at the centre of their learning.
Fulfilling your passions means you aspire to grow and learn. Guardian offers professional learning and development programs, career pathways, and a truly collaborative and inclusive learning environment where everyone across the organisation is committed to supporting each other in their professional journey.
Joining Guardian means being part of a professional and thoughtful Team with great benefits that include:
- Lead your ongoing professional development and learningthrough educational programs, mentoring, and peer support opportunities.
- Collaborate with other professional Educators and Teachers through workshops and meetings to share best practice and learn from each other as you innovate in early childhood education programs based on exploration, discovery, and play.
- Work in high-quality, well-resourced environments for children and Educators.
- Reward and recognition initiatives to acknowledge the value of your contribution to our purpose.
We also offer…
- Enjoy a competitive salary and financial benefits, including attractive remuneration packages, generous childcare discounts, recognition and rewards, and an employee referral program.
- For eligible candidates, we are excited to be able to offer educators who hold a Certificate III in Early Childhood a sponsored Diploma of Early Childhood Education & Care. That means there will be no contribution fees paid by the educator! (Terms & conditions apply)
- WHEREFIT– 2,000 discounted corporate offers at up to 50% off for gyms, studios, activewear, healthy meals, beauty and more!
- Guardian Degree program– We can support you by offering paid study, flexible work hours, guardian mentors and reimbursement of course fees, because we want to see you succeed. (Terms & conditions apply)
- Paid first aid courses and renewals
Working closely with your fellow Educators and Centre Manager, you will enjoy;
- Developing and maintaining meaningful relationships with children, families, colleagues, and the centre community.
- Developing and implementing an innovative early learning program reflective of current early years thinking and practice.
- Documenting and sharing with families in their children’s learning and development.
- Actively contributing to the implementation and adoption of the Guardian Curriculum.
- Professional learning and development programs, career pathways, and a truly collaborative and inclusive learning environment.
About the centre:
Supported through a caring, dedicated team of University-qualified Teachers and Educators, our new St Ives day care and child care centre is an inclusive learning environment for children where a personalised approach to learning opportunities ensures children are supported to be bold, creative, and curious in their learning journey. It is focused on play-based learning, and our spacious day care and child care centre on Sydney’s upper north shore provides a nurturing and stimulating environment for children aged six weeks to six years of age, supporting them to discover the world in a safe and secure way.
To be considered, you will have:
- A Certificate 3 or completed Diploma in Children’s Services (or working towards)
- Prior experience in long day-care (desirable)
- Sound, practical working knowledge and implementation of the NQF and the EYLF
- Knowledge about Child Protection
- Current Working with Children’s Check.
So, what are you waiting for? Take the leap and apply now to join Guardian Childcare & Education.
We offer referrals for Guardian employees so join us and bring a friend to refer and earn. For more details, visit: guardian.edu.au/careers/refer-your-friends
Guardian Childcare & Education values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Diverse cultures, backgrounds and experiences strengthen our teams and help us grow. We are committed to providing a workplace where every person is valued, respected, and supported to progress.
We are also deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel a strong sense of belonging and connection.
The safety and wellbeing of children will always be our top priority, Guardian Childcare & Education has a zero tolerance for any form of child abuse or harm.
Are you passionate about ensuring children have the best start to life? As an Educator at Guardian you will be part of a team supporting children to develop skills so that they can thrive in a rapidly changing world.