We believe that the role of the Educational Leader contributes significantly to improving educational programs and practice. An effective Educational Leader is one that mentors, inspires, leads, challenges and scaffolds a rich learning environment in collaborative partnership with all Team Members. The Educational Leader is a member of the centre leadership team working in partnership with the Centre Manager and Assistant Manager. The Educational Leader plays a key role leading and working alongside their team to improve the quality of pedagogical thinking and practice. This role is supported and guided by Guardian’s Curriculum Mentors, Centre Manager, Portfolio Manager and support teams within their state and nationally.
You’ll also have a great place to work, incredible colleagues, and benefits that include:
- Lead your ongoing professional development and learning through exceptional coaching, conferences, mentoring, and career advancement opportunities.
- Work in high-quality, well-resourced environments where you lead programming and collaborate on resourcing decisions.
- Build and influence the professional capacity and skills within the network and lead the development and implementation of teaching programs and practice.
- Collaborate with professional Educators and Teachers through workshops and meetings to share best practice and learn from each other as you innovate in early childhood education programs based on exploration, discovery, and play.
- Enjoy a competitive salary and financial benefits, including attractive remuneration packages, generous childcare discounts, recognition and rewards, and an employee referral program
- WHEREFIT – 2,000 discounted corporate offers at up to 50% off for gyms, studios, activewear, healthy meals, beauty and more…
- Guardian Degree program – We can support you by offering paid study, flexible work hours, guardian mentors and reimbursement of course fees, because we want to see you succeed. (Terms & conditions apply)
- Paid first aid courses and renewals
‘Balmain Cove’, located in the heart of Rozelle and Balmain is designed to replicate the comfort of a family-style environment. Situated close to public transport, our beautiful 72 place centre includes bright, nature-filled spaces, and a range of exciting, resource-rich environments. The centre also includes age-specific ateliers and a team of warm and passionate educators. The children get out and about on weekly excursions and enjoy great connections with the surrounding community.
Working closely with the Centre Leadership Team, you will enjoy;
- Leading the development and implementation of the curriculum in collaborating with Educators to maximise each child’s development and learning.
- Supporting Educators to ensure that each child participates in the educational program.
- Support Educators to assess each child’s learning and development.
- Establishing clear goals and expectations for teaching and practice in collaboration with all Educators.
- Contributing to the development and ongoing implementation and review of the centres Quality Improvement Plan.
To be considered, you will have:
- Tertiary Qualifications (University Degree or equivalent) in Early Childhood Education as approved by ACECQA.
- Current Teacher’s Accreditation/ Registration (NSW, SA, VIC & WA)
- Proven knowledge of the National Quality Framework
- Previous experience working in the early years sector (desirable)
- Valid Working with Children’s Check or state-specific equivalent
So, what are you waiting for? Take the leap and apply now to join Guardian Childcare & Education.
We offer referrals for Guardian employees so join us and bring a friend to refer and earn. For more details, visit: guardian.edu.au/careers/refer-your-friends
Guardian Childcare & Education values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Diverse cultures, backgrounds and experiences strengthen our teams and help us grow. We are committed to providing a workplace where every person is valued, respected, and supported to progress.
We are also deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel a strong sense of belonging and connection.
The safety and wellbeing of children will always be our top priority, Guardian Childcare & Education has a zero tolerance for any form of child abuse or harm.