Educational Leader is not just a job title. It’s a purpose. You know that because you’re an innovator and highly experienced professional. Your skills, commitment to professional learning and development, and drive to seek out best practice puts you in a position to make a lasting impact on how we teach Australia’s children in a rapidly changing world.
When you join Guardian Newstead, you will have an opportunity to influence and innovate our approach to early childhood education. We create an environment where leadership development is open to all and where the educator’s voice is a critical part of decision making.
Step into a role that goes beyond a job title—it’s a purpose-driven opportunity to make a lasting impact on how we teach Australia’s children in a rapidly changing world. Join us and become an innovator, an advocate for professional learning, and a driving force behind best practices in early childhood education.
If this location is unsuitable – we have other locations also looking for Educational Leaders including Richlands, Clayfield, Fig Tree Pocket and Queen St!
✨ Lead your ongoing professional development through exceptional coaching, conferences, mentoring, and career advancement opportunities.
✨ Work in high-quality, well-resourced environments where you lead programming and collaborate on resourcing decisions.
✨ Build and influence professional capacity within our network, shaping teaching programs and practices.
✨ Collaborate with educators and teachers to share best practices, innovate through exploration, discovery, and play.
✨ Enjoy a competitive salary, generous childcare discounts, recognition and rewards, and an employee referral program.
✨ Benefit from WHEREFIT—2,000 discounted corporate offers for gyms, studios, activewear, healthy meals, beauty, and more.
✨ Participate in the Guardian Degree program with paid study, flexible work hours, mentorship, and course fee reimbursement.
✨ Stay prepared with paid first aid courses and renewals.
A short walk from the train station, Newstead is ideally situated for both families and educators. Guardian Childcare & Education Newstead, a modern, spacious child centre in Brisbane’s inner-north bursting with natural light. We are a 108 place centre with purposely built outdoor areas and environments to promote curiosity and intrigue amongst our children.
Working closely with the Centre Leadership Team, you will enjoy;
- Leading the development and implementation of the curriculum in collaborating with Educators to maximise each child’s development and learning.
- Supporting Educators to ensure that each child participates in the educational program.
- Support Educators to assess each child’s learning and development.
- Establishing clear goals and expectations for teaching and practice in collaboration with all Educators.
- Contributing to the development and ongoing implementation and review of the centres Quality Improvement Plan.
To be considered, you will have:
- Tertiary Qualifications (University Degree or equivalent) in Early Childhood Education as approved by ACECQA or Diploma with extensive experience in the early childhood sector
- Proven knowledge of the National Quality Framework
- Previous experience working in the early years sector (desirable)
- Valid Working with Children’s Check or state-specific equivalent