At Guardian, childcare is more than a job!
Are you passionate about supporting young children to discover, explore, and learn as they grow into themselves through quality and innovative education programs? Have you worked hard to convert your passion into professional skills and want to make a meaningful contribution to the lives of young children? Then, Guardian Sunbury is where you can aspire to grow and excel.
Being an Early Childhood Teacher – Room Leader/ Educator at Guardian means having a voice and the opportunity to make decisions and develop a learning program that suits the families and their children in your community. You’ll also have a great place to work, incredible colleagues, and benefits that include:
- Lead your ongoing professional development and learning through exceptional coaching, conferences, mentoring, and career advancement opportunities.
- Use your professional skills and passion for education to influence and shape our innovative programs that focus on learning through exploration, discovery, and play.
- Collaborate with other professional Educators and Teachers through workshops and meetings to share best practice and learn from each other.
- High-quality, well-resourced environments for children and Teachers
- Enjoy a competitive salary and financial benefits, including attractive remuneration packages, generous childcare discounts, recognition and rewards, and an employee referral program.
- WHEREFIT – 2,000 discounted corporate offers at up to 50% off for gyms, studios, activewear, healthy meals, beauty and more…
- Guardian Degree program – We can support you by offering paid study, flexible work hours, guardian mentors and reimbursement of course fees, because we want to see you succeed. (Terms & conditions apply)
- Paid first aid courses and renewals
Supported through an experienced and dedicated team of university-qualified Teachers and Educators, our childcare and day care centre in Sunbury is a warm and inclusive learning environment for children, where a personalized approach to learning opportunities ensures each child are supported to be bold, creative, and curious in their learning journey.
The centre is situated with access to Sunbury Train station and bus routes and offers onsite parking; making it easier for you during pick up and drop off times. It’s conveniently located for working families that live or work in the surrounding area.
Guardian Childcare & Education Sunbury is also in proximity to Sunbury Primary School, and Sunbury Heights Primary School for families with older children. Our strong ties to our local area provide ample opportunities for getting out and about into the community. It’s also near the Sydenham and Diggers Rest suburbs.
As an ECT Room Leader or as an Educator, you will be part of a passionate team where you will enjoy:
- Contributing to a professional Team to create a safe and secure environment where children are supported to be brave, curious, and imaginative in their learning.
- Building lasting and meaningful relationships with families, so they feel informed and sure their children are receiving the best education and care in the community.
- Supporting fellow Educators to deliver the best in contemporary early childhood thinking and practice.
- Contributing to making your Centre an example of why Guardian is driven by its mindsets of being brave, positive, thoughtful, and professional in all aspects of what we do.
- The opportunity to join Leadership Councils where you can develop leadership skills, collaborate with other leaders, think innovatively, drive change, and participate in decision-making.
To be considered as an Early Childhood Teacher, you will have:
- A Bachelor’s in Early Childhood Education
- Atleast 3+ years of experience as an ECT (highly desirable)
- A current Teacher’s Accreditation/ Registration (VIT for VIC state)
- Proven knowledge of the National Quality Framework
- Valid Working with Children’s Check or state-specific equivalent.
To be considered as an Educator , you will have:
- A completed Cert III or a Diploma in Children’s Services (or working towards it)
- Prior experience in long day-care (desirable)
- Sound, practical working knowledge and implementation of the NQF and the EYLF
- Can work full time (or atleast 4 days)
- (we have a temp/contract and a perm position available)
- Current Working with Children’s Check (for VIC state)
Be inspired, be inspiring, and introduce us to the Teacher in you. Apply now to join Guardian Childcare & Education.
We offer referrals for Guardian employees so join us and bring a friend to refer and earn. For more details, visit: guardian.edu.au/careers/refer-your-friends
Guardian Childcare & Education values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Diverse cultures, backgrounds and experiences strengthen our teams and help us grow. We are committed to providing a workplace where every person is valued, respected, and supported to progress.
We are also deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel a strong sense of belonging and connection.
The safety and wellbeing of children will always be our top priority, Guardian Childcare & Education has a zero tolerance for any form of child abuse or harm.