At Guardian, childcare is more than a job
Being an Early Childhood Teacher at Guardian means having a voice and the opportunity to make decisions and develop a learning program that suits the families and their children in your community. You’ll also have a great place to work, incredible colleagues, and benefits that include:
- Unparalleled Quality: Guardian stands out as the number one quality provider among all large childcare providers. This distinction should be our ultimate source of pride and motivation.
- Investment in Quality and Support: We don’t just talk about quality; we invest significantly in it. Our substantial investment includes a dedicated Quality and Curriculum Team that provides extensive support.
- National Teachers@Guardian Program: Our commitment to professional development shines through in our National Teachers@Guardian Program, offering teachers bi-weekly sessions to enhance their skills and knowledge.
- Teacher Accreditation and Registration Support: We provide robust support for teacher accreditation and registration, ensuring our educators have the resources and guidance they need.
- Mentorship Opportunities: Teachers have the chance to become mentors and play a vital role in the growth and development of their colleagues.
- Visible Learning Approach: We take a highly specific and intentional approach called “Visible Learning,” which breathes life into our educational practices in each Guardian Centre.
- Specialist Roles: Teachers can take the lead in specialist roles within their Centres, such as Baby Ambassador, Safety Champion, Sustainability Champion, and Educational Leader.
- Idea Implementation: At Guardian, your innovative ideas are genuinely supported and can be rolled out nationally, allowing you to bring your vision to life.
- Educational Support: We offer paid Bachelor programs and practical leave to help you further your education and career.
- Embedded 2-Year Kindergarten Program: Our Centres proudly host an embedded two-year kindergarten program, fostering early childhood development.
- Curriculum Council Participation: You have the opportunity to be part of the Curriculum Council, contributing to our educational excellence.
- Wealth of Tools and Resources: Guardian provides a wealth of tools and resources to support you, allowing you to reclaim valuable time and focus on what truly matters in your role.
- Enjoy a competitive salary and financial benefits, including attractive remuneration packages, generous childcare discounts, recognition and rewards, and an employee referral program.
- WHEREFIT – 2,000 discounted corporate offers at up to 50% off for gyms, studios, activewear, healthy meals, beauty and more…
- Paid first aid courses and renewals
Guardian is delighted to announce Murwillumbah Petit Early Learning Journey is now proudly owned by Guardian Childcare & Education.
At our Murwillumbah childcare centre, our beautifully designed environments are engaging, secure and safe for children to explore and discover.
Murwillumbah has five purpose-built learning studios, grouped by age, with a separate baby sleep room attached to the nursery. Each space is full of high quality resources for collaborative, creative play-based learning.
Our Petit ELJ Murwillumbah Preschool program has a strong focus on children’s social and emotional development. We support children to develop the skills needed to become confident, engaged learners as they move up to school. Through the best of both structured and play-based learning experiences, we let children explore and learn in the way that’s best for them. Our Centre’s Preschool program is recognised by the Start Strong NSW Government initiative.
This program emphasises learning through play but also offers more structured learning opportunities for number concepts, pre-writing (e.g. tracing, completing patterns, reproducing patterns) and reading and writing skills.
As an Early Childhood Teacher, you will be part of a passionate team where you will enjoy:
- Leading a team of educators with a focus on individual development and mentoring in the education, care, and supervision of each child at the centre
- Building lasting and meaningful relationships with families, so they feel informed and sure their children are receiving the best education and care in the community.
- Supporting Educators to deliver the best in contemporary early childhood thinking and practice and supporting the centre leadership team to implement and embed the Guardian Curriculum
- Making your Centre an example of why Guardian is driven by its mindsets of being brave, positive, thoughtful, and professional in all aspects of what we do.
- Implementing an educational program that is visible in the centre environment and on Storypark, that provides opportunities for families, children, and educators to view and contribute their ideas and suggestions to the program. This includes maintaining children’s learning and development profiles
- Contributing to the self-assessment process and the strategies for continuous improvement
- The opportunity to join Leadership Councils where you can develop leadership skills, collaborate with other leaders, think innovatively, drive change, and participate in decision-making.
To be considered, you will have:
- Tertiary Qualifications (University Degree or equivalent) in Early Childhood Education as approved by ACECQA
- Proven knowledge of the National Quality Framework
- Previous experience working in the early childhood sector (desirable)
- Valid Working with Children’s Check or state-specific equivalent.
Be inspired, be inspiring, and introduce us to the Teacher in you. Apply now to join Guardian Childcare & Education.
We offer referrals for Guardian employees so join us and bring a friend to refer and earn. For more details, visit: guardian.edu.au/careers/refer-your-friends
Guardian Childcare & Education values diversity and is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to providing a workplace where every person is valued, respected, and supported to progress. We also prioritize Reconciliation and strive to create an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel a strong sense of belonging and connection.
The safety and well-being of children are our top priorities, and Guardian Childcare & Education maintains a zero-tolerance policy for any form of child abuse or harm.