Join the Guardian Team as an Early Childhood Teacher!
What sets us apart is our commitment to empowering and supporting Early Childhood Teachers like you to actively contribute to the education programs we offer. You’ll have the freedom to shape a learning program that suits the families and children in your community. We are all about celebrating and highlighting great work while providing the necessary support for your success.
As an Early Childhood Teacher – Room Leader at Guardian, you’ll have the following benefits:
- Professional Development: Lead your ongoing professional development and learning through exceptional coaching, conferences, mentoring, and career advancement opportunities.
- Innovative Programs: Use your professional skills and passion for education to influence and shape our innovative programs that focus on learning through exploration, discovery, and play.
- Collaborative Environment: Collaborate with other professional Educators and Teachers through workshops and meetings to share best practices and learn from each other.
- Quality Environment: Work in high-quality, well-resourced environments for children and Teachers.
- Attractive Benefits: Enjoy a competitive salary and financial benefits, including attractive remuneration packages, generous childcare discounts, recognition and rewards, an employee referral program, and various corporate discounts.
- Guardian Degree Program: We support your professional growth by offering paid study, flexible work hours, guardian mentors, and reimbursement of course fees through our Guardian Degree program.
- First Aid Courses: Paid first aid courses and renewals are provided.
Every day is an opportunity for discovery and growth at Coorparoo. With a range of exciting, resource-rich environments including a vegetable garden, chickens, a cubby house, a mud pit and a range of age-specific ateliers, our 113-place centre encourages children to learn and discover. Conveniently located off Boundary Road, Coorparoo provides ample opportunity for community partnerships and excursions for children while being easily accessible for families and educators.
As an Early Childhood Teacher at Guardian, you will have the opportunity to:
- Lead a team of educators with a focus on individual development and mentoring in the education, care, and supervision of each child.
- Build lasting and meaningful relationships with families, ensuring they feel informed and confident about the education and care their children receive.
- Support educators in delivering contemporary early childhood thinking and practice, implementing the Guardian Curriculum.
- Make your Centre an exemplary model of Guardian’s core values: brave, positive, thoughtful, and professional.
- Implement an educational program that is visible in the centre environment and on Storypark, inviting families, children, and educators to contribute their ideas and suggestions to the program.
- Contribute to self-assessment processes and strategies for continuous improvement.
- Have the opportunity to join Leadership Councils, where you can develop leadership skills, collaborate with other leaders, think innovatively, drive change, and participate in decision-making.
To be considered, you should have:
- Tertiary Qualifications (University Degree or equivalent) in Early Childhood Education as approved by ACECQA.
- Current Teacher’s Accreditation/ Registration (NSW, SA, VIC & WA).
- Proven knowledge of the National Quality Framework.
- Previous experience working in the early childhood sector (desirable).
- Valid Working with Children’s Check or state-specific equivalent.
Are you inspired and ready to inspire others as an Early Childhood Teacher? Join Guardian Childcare & Education today!
We offer referral bonuses for Guardian employees, so bring a friend along to refer and earn! For more details, visit: guardian.edu.au/careers/refer-your-friends
Guardian Childcare & Education values diversity and is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to providing a workplace where every person is valued, respected, and supported to progress. We also prioritize Reconciliation and strive to create an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel a strong sense of belonging and connection.
The safety and well-being of children are our top priorities, and Guardian Childcare & Education maintains a zero-tolerance policy for any form of child abuse or harm.