At Guardian, childcare is more than a job
Are you passionate about supporting young children to discover, explore, and learn as they grow into themselves through quality and innovative education programs? Have you worked hard to convert your passion into professional skills and want to make a meaningful contribution to the lives of young children? Then, Guardian Bruce, Canberra is where you can aspire to grow and excel.
Guardian believes in empowering and supporting Teachers to actively contribute to the education programs we offer, based on the best in contemporary early childhood thinking and practice. With Guardian, you have the opportunity to grow and excel in your career as part of a professional learning community. It’s a place where we celebrate and highlight great work, and you are supported to succeed.
Being an Early Childhood Teacher at Guardian means having a voice and the opportunity to make decisions and develop a learning program that suits the families and their children in your community. You’ll also have a great place to work, incredible colleagues, and benefits that include:
- Lead your ongoing professional development and learning through exceptional coaching, conferences, mentoring, and career advancement opportunities.
- Unparalleled Quality: Guardian stands out as the number one quality provider among all large childcare providers. This distinction should be our ultimate source of pride and motivation.
- Reggio-Inspired Curriculum: We boast a first-class, Reggio-inspired curriculum that is entirely unique to Guardian. This is a testament to our unwavering commitment to quality.
- Investment in Quality and Support: We don’t just talk about quality; we invest significantly in it. Our substantial investment includes a dedicated Quality and Curriculum Team that provides extensive support.
- National Teachers@Guardian Program: Our commitment to professional development shines through in our National Teachers@Guardian Program, offering teachers bi-weekly sessions to enhance their skills and knowledge.
- Teacher Accreditation and Registration Support: We provide robust support for teacher accreditation and registration, ensuring our educators have the resources and guidance they need.
- Mentorship Opportunities: Teachers have the chance to become mentors and play a vital role in the growth and development of their colleagues.
- Visible Learning Approach: We take a highly specific and intentional approach called “Visible Learning,” which breathes life into our educational practices in each Guardian Centre.
- Specialist Roles: Teachers can take the lead in specialist roles within their Centers, such as Baby Ambassador, Safety Champion, Sustainability Champion, and Educational Leader.
- Idea Implementation: At Guardian, your innovative ideas are genuinely supported and can be rolled out nationally, allowing you to bring your vision to life.
- Educational Support: We offer paid Bachelor programs and practical leave to help you further your education and career.
As an ECT, you will be part of a passionate team where you will enjoy:
- Contributing to a professional Team to create a safe and secure environment where children are supported to be brave, curious, and imaginative in their learning.
- Building lasting and meaningful relationships with families, so they feel informed and sure their children are receiving the best education and care in the community.
- Supporting Educators to deliver the best in contemporary early childhood thinking and practice.
- Contributing to making your Centre an example of why Guardian is driven by its mindsets of being brave, positive, thoughtful, and professional in all aspects of what we do.
- The opportunity to join Leadership Councils where you can develop leadership skills, collaborate with other leaders, think innovatively, drive change, and participate in decision-making.
To be considered, you will have:
- Tertiary Qualifications (University Degree or equivalent) in Early Childhood Education as approved by ACECQA
- Proven knowledge of the National Quality Framework
- Previous experience working in the early childhood sector (desirable)
- Valid Working with Children’s Check or state-specific equivalent.
Be inspired, be inspiring, and introduce us to the Teacher in you. Apply now to join Guardian Childcare & Education.
We offer referrals for Guardian employees so join us and bring a friend to refer and earn. For more details, visit: guardian.edu.au/careers/refer-your-friends
Guardian Childcare & Education values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Diverse cultures, backgrounds and experiences strengthen our teams and help us grow. We are committed to providing a workplace where every person is valued, respected, and supported to progress.
We are also deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel a strong sense of belonging and connection.
The safety and wellbeing of children will always be our top priority, Guardian Childcare & Education has a zero tolerance for any form of child abuse or harm.
Are you passionate about ensuring children have the best start to life? As an Educator at Guardian you will be part of a team supporting children to develop skills so that they can thrive in a rapidly changing world.