At Guardian, childcare is more than a job
Are you passionate about supporting young children to discover, explore, and learn as they grow into themselves through quality and innovative education programs? Have you worked hard to convert your passion into professional skills and want to make a meaningful contribution to the lives of young children? Then, Guardian Artarmon is where you can aspire to grow and excel.
Guardian believes in empowering and supporting Teachers to actively contribute to the education programs we offer, based on the best in contemporary early childhood thinking and practice. With Guardian, you have the opportunity to grow and excel in your career as part of a professional learning community. It’s a place where we celebrate and highlight great work, and you are supported to succeed.
Being an Early Childhood Teacher at Guardian means having a voice and the opportunity to make decisions and develop a learning program that suits the families and their children in your community. You’ll also have a great place to work, incredible colleagues, and benefits that include:
- Lead your ongoing professional development and learning through exceptional coaching, conferences, mentoring, and career advancement opportunities.
- Use your professional skills and passion for education to influence and shape our innovative programs that focus on learning through exploration, discovery, and play.
- Collaborate with other professional Educators and Teachers through workshops and meetings to share best practice and learn from each other.
- High-quality, well-resourced environments for children and Teachers
- Enjoy a competitive salary and financial benefits, including attractive remuneration packages, generous childcare discounts, recognition and rewards, and an employee referral program.
Located in the SBS building on Herbert Street, our 38 place centre in Artarmon, includes a range of exciting, resource-rich environments including, a herb garden, water play area, a wooden cubby house and a range of age-specific ateliers. Rated exceeding in the National Quality Standard, the centre is conveniently located near public transport, including St Leonard’s train station and bus stops. We are proud to have a culturally diverse team of Educators and celebrate a variety of cultures and holidays throughout the year.
As an ECT, you will be part of a passionate team where you will enjoy:
- Contributing to a professional Team to create a safe and secure environment where children are supported to be brave, curious, and imaginative in their learning.
- Building lasting and meaningful relationships with families, so they feel informed and sure their children are receiving the best education and care in the community.
- Supporting Educators to deliver the best in contemporary early childhood thinking and practice.
- Contributing to making your Centre an example of why Guardian is driven by its mindsets of being brave, positive, thoughtful, and professional in all aspects of what we do.
- The opportunity to join Leadership Councils where you can develop leadership skills, collaborate with other leaders, think innovatively, drive change, and participate in decision-making.
To be considered, you will have:
- Tertiary Qualifications (University Degree or equivalent) in Early Childhood Education as approved by ACECQA
- Current Teacher’s Accreditation/ Registration (NSW, SA, VIC & WA)
- Proven knowledge of the National Quality Framework
- Previous experience working in the early childhood sector (desirable)
- Valid Working with Children’s Check or state-specific equivalent.
Be inspired, be inspiring, and introduce us to the Teacher in you. Apply now to join Guardian Childcare & Education.
We offer referrals for both Guardian and non-Guardian employees. For more details, visit: guardian.edu.au/careers/refer-your-friends