Guardian Childcare & Education is a community of early childhood professionals dedicated to providing high-quality early learning and care for children and families. The Guardian journey began in 2004 and today we operate and own over 130 early learning centres nationwide and growing. Now is a great time to join us.
About the role
The DM is responsible for providing high-level support to the Property Team reporting into the Head of Property. The role will work closely with the Property Management Team, Facilities Team, and Development Team to ensure the delivery of new greenfield centres. We are looking for someone based in Sydney, Melbourne, or Brisbane.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Detailed due diligence of new centre opportunities including market research, feasibility preparation, contract management and negotiation
- Reporting and management of critical dates and the handover of the build centre to the operations team
- Preparation of Development Packs for Funding Approval.
- Management of all external consultants, builders, and contractors where required
- Travel to different sites on a fortnightly/monthly basis when needed
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven experience in Development Management (leasing or acquisitions)
- Ideally Exposure to AREIT, Private Equity or institutional Real Estate.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant property experience
- Evidence of previous success in the preparation and management of complex stakeholder negotiation and project development.
- Strong financial management skills with detailed feasibility and project reporting skills.
- Tertiary qualifications in Property Economics, Development/Project Management
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to run project anonymously from concept to completion
- Experience with Childcare, Aged Care or schools desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe and Outlook
- Knowledge of Microsoft software systems relative to the role (Windows 10, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Strong communication skills and stakeholder engagement
- Expertise in planning, design & tendering of multiple projects simultaneously
- Preparation & review of project plans (milestone, scope, budget, delivery)
Why work at Guardian?
- You’ll have meaningful work, within a company that is passionate about shaping the world of tomorrow through the children of today
- A supportive environment that empowers you to thrive and gives you the autonomy, accountability, and flexibility to shape your own success
- Growing company with career development opportunities
- Childcare discounts
- Smart casual dress code every day
- Remote working flexibility
So, what are you waiting for? Take the leap and apply now to join Guardian Childcare & Education.
Guardian Childcare & Education values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Diverse cultures, backgrounds and experiences strengthen our teams and help us grow. We are committed to providing a workplace where every person is valued, respected, and supported to progress.
We are also deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel a strong sense of belonging and connection.
The safety and wellbeing of children will always be our top priority, Guardian Childcare & Education has a zero tolerance for any form of child abuse or harm.