Your calling starts here.
Are you passionate about early childhood education? Brave enough to dive right in and start learning from day one? Join Guardian Marrickville as a Trainee, and you will be part of the program working with dedicated, professional early childhood education professionals who provide amazing learning experiences in a safe and secure environment.
As a Trainee, you will be able to earn while you learn. You will be supported with formal and practical training to achieve your qualifications in early childhood education. As you do, you’ll be learning from highly skilled and experienced professionals who are constantly seeking to innovate how we deliver teaching and learning programs.
Each day, you will have the cherished privilege of building lasting and meaningful relationships with children and families, supporting them to be brave, curious, and imaginative in their learning. The skills children need to grow and thrive are changing rapidly, so we need brave Teachers and Educators who can inspire a child’s curiosity and enthusiasm for learning. Through our Trainee program, you bring passion and we’ll support you to develop the skills by giving you a great place to work, incredible colleagues, and benefits that include:
- Be part of the amazing journey supporting children to be brave, curious, and imaginative in their learning.
- Get a career head start through formal and practical training and mentoring from highly skilled and experienced professionals.
- Work in high-quality, well-resourced environments for children and Teams.
- Enjoy a competitive salary and financial benefits, including attractive remuneration packages, generous childcare discounts, recognition and rewards, and an employee referral program.
- Flexible work options.
- WHEREFIT – 2,000 discounted corporate offers at up to 50% off for gyms, studios, activewear, healthy meals, beauty and more…
- Paid first aid courses and renewals
Rated exceeding in the National Quality Standard, Guardian Marrickville is a bright and airy 130-place centre. Located close to Marrickville train station, the centre includes a range of exciting, resource-rich environments including herb and vegetable gardens, spacious outdoor area, natural play structures, and a range of age-specific ateliers. Our dedicated team of Educators enjoy taking the Children out and about on excursions and maintaining the great connections with the surrounding community.
As a part of our Trainee program, you will gain on the job experience whilst studying. We pay for the course, and you will receive an hourly rate for all hours worked. Upon completing the Traineeship, you will be issued a nationally recognised Certificate III in Children’s services.
The Centre Manager, your team members and the program assessor will provide you with regular support. You will also enjoy;
- Building and maintaining meaningful relationships with children, families and fellow educators and the broader centre community
- Assisting in providing a safe and stimulating environment that meets the social, cultural, emotional, and educational needs of the children and families
- Preparing the children’s play and learning materials for the day’s activities. Then in collaboration with your peers, extend children’s thinking and learning through intentional teaching strategies, inspiring environments and spontaneous play experiences.
To be considered for a Traineeship, you will:
- Have a genuine interest in a long-term career within Early Childhood Education
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Be willing to commit to an 18-month traineeship program
- Hold no previous formal qualifications (in any field)
- Be willing to obtain a Working with Children Check or state equivalent.
So, what are you waiting for? To start your career, apply now to join Guardian Childcare & Education.
We offer referrals for Guardian employees so join us and bring a friend to refer and earn. For more details, visit: guardian.edu.au/careers/refer-your-friends
Guardian Child Care & Educations values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Diverse cultures, backgrounds and experiences strengthen our teams and help us grow. We are committed to providing a workplace where every person is valued, respected, and supported to progress.
We are also deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel a strong sense of belonging and connection.
The safety and wellbeing of children will always be our top priority, Guardian Childcare & Education has a zero tolerance for any form of child abuse or harm.