Take the lead
Your skills, experience, and passion for supporting children as they begin to discover and explore their world are just what we need at Guardian Richlands. We have amazing Educators who create safe and secure environments where young children thrive. As Lead Educator, you will work with Educators in the Centre, supporting their teaching practice as they grow and excel as professionals.
You will be building meaningful relationships with children and families, ensuring children are supported to be brave, curious, and imaginative in their learning. Lead Educators are a vital link in supporting Educators and Centre Leadership to develop and implement innovative early learning programs that will set children up for formal schooling and beyond.
As a Lead Educator at Guardian Richlands, you have the opportunity to grow and excel in your career. Guardian offers professional learning and development programs, career pathways, and a truly collaborative and inclusive learning environment where everyone across the organisation is committed to supporting each other in their professional journey.
Joining Guardians means being part of a professional and thoughtful Team with great benefits that include:
- Lead your ongoing professional development and learning through educational programs and support and mentoring and peer support opportunities.
- Collaborate with other professional Educators and Teachers through workshops and meetings to share best practice and learn from each other as you innovate in early childhood education programs based on exploration, discovery, and play.
- Work in high-quality, well-resourced environments for children and Educators.
- Reward and recognition initiatives to acknowledge the value of your contribution to our purpose.
- Enjoy a competitive salary and financial benefits, including attractive remuneration packages, generous childcare discounts, recognition and rewards, and an employee referral program
- WHEREFIT – 2,000 discounted corporate offers at up to 50% off for gyms, studios, activewear, healthy meals, beauty and more…
- Guardian Degree program – We can support you by offering paid study, flexible work hours, guardian mentors and reimbursement of course fees, because we want to see you succeed. (Terms & conditions apply)
- Paid first aid courses and renewals
Guardian Childcare & Education Richlands is custom-designed to offer an inspiring and stimulating early learning environment for children. The Centre is conveniently located near Centenary Highway, Progress Road and the Richlands train station, making it a convenient location to reach via public transport.
Guardian Richlands has 135 places for children aged six weeks to six years. The expansive Centre features two playgrounds, nine light-filled learning spaces and two dedicated art spaces. The large, central, outdoor play area acts as a communal gathering space, beautifully and purposefully designed with fun and engaging learning experiences in mind.
These spaces are designed to encourage children to explore, ignite their curiosity, learn and most of all have fun. With large verandas and shady spots for sunny days, plus an alfresco dining area, the Centre is a real home away from home for the children and families. In addition, babies have their own secure play space designed to excite and delight!
Working closely with your fellow Educators and Centre Leadership Team, you will enjoy;
- Developing and maintaining meaningful relationships with children, families, colleagues, and the centre community.
- Lead and guide teams in developing and implementing an innovative early learning program reflective of current early years thinking and practice.
- Documenting and sharing with families in their children’s learning and development.
- Actively contributing to the implementation and adoption of the Guardian Curriculum.
- Professional learning and development programs, career pathways, and a truly collaborative and inclusive learning environment.
To be considered, you will have:
- A completed Certificate III and/or Diploma in Children’s Services (or working towards)
- Prior experience in long day-care
- Sound, practical working knowledge and implementation of the NQF and the EYLF
- Current Working with Children’s Check.
So, what are you waiting for? Take the leap and apply now to join Guardian Childcare & Education.
We offer referrals for Guardian employees so join us and bring a friend to refer and earn. For more details, visit: guardian.edu.au/careers/refer-your-friends
Guardian Childcare & Education values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Diverse cultures, backgrounds and experiences strengthen our teams and help us grow. We are committed to providing a workplace where every person is valued, respected, and supported to progress.
We are also deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel a strong sense of belonging and connection.
The safety and wellbeing of children will always be our top priority, Guardian Childcare & Education has a zero tolerance for any form of child abuse or harm.