Take the lead
Your skills, experience, and passion for supporting children as they begin to discover and explore their world are just what we need at Guardian Manly. We have amazing Educators who create safe and secure environments where young children thrive. As Lead Educator, you will work with Educators in the Centre, supporting their teaching practice as they grow and excel as professionals.
You will be building meaningful relationships with children and families, ensuring children are supported to be brave, curious, and imaginative in their learning. Lead Educators are a vital link in supporting Educators and Centre Leadership to develop and implement innovative early learning programs that will set children up for formal schooling and beyond.
As a Lead Educator at Guardian Manly, you have the opportunity to grow and excel in your career. Guardian offers professional learning and development programs, career pathways, and a truly collaborative and inclusive learning environment where everyone across the organisation is committed to supporting each other in their professional journey.
Joining Guardians means being part of a professional and thoughtful Team with great benefits that include:
- Enjoy a competitive salary and financial benefits, including attractive remuneration packages, generous childcare discounts, education assistance, and more.
- Lead your ongoing professional development and learning through education programs and support and mentoring and peer support opportunities.
- Work in high-quality, well-resourced environments for children and Educators.
- Reward and recognition initiatives to acknowledge the value of your contribution to our purpose, plus social activities and paid team meetings.
- Guardian Degree program. We can support you by offering paid study, flexible work hours, guardian mentors and reimbursement of course fees, because we want to see you succeed (Terms & conditions apply).
Located on the main Corso, Manly is one of our newest centres and we have made sure our environments provoke thinking, open-ended outcomes, and creativity. We had both the children and our educators at the forefront of our mind when building the centre, making sure you have the spaces to think, support your wellbeing and most importantly enjoy your workspaces. Click here to view the centre yourself. https://www.guardian.edu.au/childcare-early-learning-centres/nsw/manly/
What our Centre Manager, Amy says about her team
“We value distribution of leadership and empowerment of people! As a young centre, we need a team who can work from the ground up. We see people for their strengths and want to build a team that inspires and motivates one another.
Work/life balance is a major priority and is embedded across the team. I work with our Centre Leadership team to ensure that our people are nurtured and valued.”
Working closely with your fellow Educators and Centre Leadership Team, you will enjoy;
- Developing and maintaining meaningful relationships with children, families, colleagues, and the centre community.
- Lead and guide teams in developing and implementing an innovative early learning program reflective of current early years thinking and practice.
- Documenting and sharing with families in their children’s learning and development.
- Actively contributing to the implementation and adoption of the Guardian Curriculum.
- Professional learning and development programs, career pathways, and a truly collaborative and inclusive learning environment.
To be considered, you will have:
- A completed Certificate III and/or Diploma in Children’s Services (or working towards)
- Prior experience in long day-care
- Sound, practical working knowledge and implementation of the NQF and the EYLF
- Current Working with Children’s Check.
So, what are you waiting for? Take the leap and apply now to join Guardian Childcare & Education.
A beautiful setting for your child to be brave, curious and imaginative in their learning. Join us at this incredible beach-side centre.
We offer referrals for Guardian employees so join us and bring a friend to refer and earn. For more details, visit: guardian.edu.au/careers/refer-your-friends
Guardian Childcare & Education values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Diverse cultures, backgrounds and experiences strengthen our teams and help us grow. We are committed to providing a workplace where every person is valued, respected, and supported to progress.
We are also deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel a strong sense of belonging and connection.
The safety and wellbeing of children will always be our top priority, Guardian Childcare & Education has a zero tolerance for any form of child abuse or harm.