Exciting Chef Opportunity at Guardian Freshwater!
Passionate about creating delicious and nutritious meals that support children’s learning and growth? Join Guardian Caringbah as a Chef and be at the heart of nurturing young minds.
- Create mouthwatering menus for children and their Educators.
- Be part of the learning journey as children explore food, forage from the garden, and savor new flavors.
What You’ll Experience:
- Collaborate with Educators and Teachers to make food an integral part of the learning experience.
- Enjoy mealtimes where children and teams bond over great food.
- Be part of an amazing journey supporting children to be brave, curious, and imaginative.
- Lead your professional development with coaching, conferences, and career advancement opportunities.
- Utilize your skills to support children’s growth and develop their love for food.
- Work in high-quality, well-resourced environments.
- Competitive salary, childcare discounts, recognition, and rewards.
- Flexible work options.
- Guardian Degree program support for paid study, flexible hours, and course fee reimbursement (terms & conditions apply).
- WHEREFIT: Access 2,000+ discounted corporate offers for gyms, studios, activewear, healthy meals, beauty, and more.
- Paid first aid courses and renewals.
Our 80 place centre in Freshwater is rated exceeding in the National Quality Standard. Located close to Pittwater Road and with access to public transport, our long standing and culturally diverse team celebrate a variety of cultures and holidays each year. With a range of exciting, resource-rich environments including; beach-themed outdoor spaces, alfresco dining areas, and a range of age-specific ateliers. The passionate Educators enjoy taking the Children out and about on excursions to maintain the great connections with the surrounding community.
To be considered, you will have:
- Food Handling certificate
- Food Safety Supervisor Certificate (desirable)
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery or working towards (desirable)
- An awareness of your personal responsibilities under the current Child Protection Laws
- Current Working with Children’s Check or state equivalent.
So, what are you waiting for? Take the leap and apply now to join Guardian Childcare & Education.
We offer referrals for Guardian employees so join us and bring a friend to refer and earn. For more details, visit: guardian.edu.au/careers/refer-your-friends
Guardian Childcare & Education values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Diverse cultures, backgrounds and experiences strengthen our teams and help us grow. We are committed to providing a workplace where every person is valued, respected, and supported to progress.
We are also deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel a strong sense of belonging and connection.
The safety and wellbeing of children will always be our top priority, Guardian Childcare & Education has a zero tolerance for any form of child abuse or harm.