Lead, collaborate, and nurture.
Leading a Team of dedicated, professional early childhood education professionals? Tick. Developing a thoughtful culture when the entire Team is passionate about supporting children to be brave, curious, and imaginative in their learning? Tick. Nurturing relationships with children, families, and your Team to provide the best experience young children can have? Big tick.
If you put a tick next to those questions, becoming the Centre Manager at Guardian King Street is your next role. Centre Managers touch every aspect of life at Guardian. Through leading, collaborating, and nurturing, Centre Managers help us deliver on the day-to-day goal of providing amazing learning experiences in a safe and secure environment. You will be part of a nationwide Team that has the cherished privilege of supporting the education and growth of young children. Joining Guardian means having a great place to work, filled with thoughtful colleagues and exciting opportunities to grow and develop your career. Our benefits include:
- Lead your ongoing professional development and learning through exceptional coaching, conferences, mentoring, and career advancement opportunities.
- Use your skills and experience to drive business performance that supports sustainable investment in our practice, Centres, and Teams.
- Collaborate with professional Educators and Teachers through workshops and meetings to share best practice and learn from each other as you innovate in early childhood education programs based on exploration, discovery, and play.
- Lead decisions about resourcing and the education environment for children.
- Enjoy a competitive salary and financial benefits including attractive remuneration packages, generous childcare discounts, recognition and rewards, and an employee referral program
- Guardian Degree program – We can support you by offering paid study, flexible work hours, guardian mentors and reimbursement of course fees, because we want to see you succeed. (Terms & conditions apply)
- WHEREFIT – 2,000 discounted corporate offers at up to 50% off for gyms, studios, activewear, healthy meals, beauty and more…
- Paid first aid courses and renewals
Perfectly situated in the heart of King Street, Bowen Hills which is in the hub of culture and exploration. Our 141-place centre is rated Exceeding in the National Quality Standard has resource rich environments, including art ateliers, water play, native gardens, natural play structures, and a range of age-specific ateliers, children are encouraged to explore and learn. Our dedicated team of Educators enjoy taking the Children out and about on excursions and maintaining the great connections with the surrounding community.
Working closely with your Team of Teachers and Educators, you will enjoy:
- Leading a professional Team to create a safe and secure environment where children are supported to be brave, curious, and imaginative in their learning.
- Building lasting and meaningful relationships with families so they feel informed and sure their children are receiving the best education and care in the community.
- Developing an exceptional culture of quality and safety that makes Guardian the Centre of choice in your community.
- Contributing to making your Centre an example of why Guardian is driven by its mindsets of being brave, positive, thoughtful, and professional in all aspects of what we do.
- Using your leadership and business skills to make your centre financially sustainable, as Guardian invests 100% of profits into more high-quality education for young children across Australia.
To be considered, you will have:
- A completed Diploma in Children’s Services and/or Bachelor of Education (or working towards)
- Prior experience working in a long day-care centre in a leadership role.
- Sound, practical working knowledge and implementation of the NQF and the EYLF.
- Budget and financial accountability experience
- Current First Aid and Asthma and Anaphylaxis certificates, and current Working with Children check.
Take a positive step and apply now to join Guardian Childcare & Education.
We offer referrals for Guardian employees so join us and bring a friend to refer and earn. For more details, visit: guardian.edu.au/careers/refer-your-friends
Guardian Childcare & Education values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Diverse cultures, backgrounds and experiences strengthen our teams and help us grow. We are committed to providing a workplace where every person is valued, respected, and supported to progress.
We are also deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel a strong sense of belonging and connection.
The safety and wellbeing of children will always be our top priority, Guardian Childcare & Education has a zero tolerance for any form of child abuse or harm.