At Guardian, childcare is more than a job
When you join Guardian Brunswick, you’ll be fortunate enough to work with the most passionate, knowledgeable, and well-supported early education experts in their field.
Our teams partner with families to deliver world-class Curriculum, based on the renowned Reggio framework. Our Teachers and Educators are supporting children to develop the skills they will need to thrive in the 21st century – and we need exceptional, forward thinking and thoughtful Teachers and Educators to join our ranks.
If you want to feel empowered in your career every day, then Guardian may be the place for you. We want awesome people who know how to light up a child’s curiosity and enthusiasm for learning.
In return, we’ll give you a great place to work, incredible colleagues, and benefits that include:
- Access to world-class professional development, coaching, curriculum, conferences and mentoring
- Become fluent in Reggio Emilia and Boulder Journey School-inspired programs that focus on respect, responsibility and community – brought to life through exploration, discovery and play.
- Career advancement opportunities – from in-centre to leadership roles tailored to your aspirations
- High-quality, well-resourced environments for children and Educators
- Financial benefits including attractive remuneration packages, generous childcare discounts, recognition and rewards, and an employee referral program
- Flexible work options.
Our 91 place centre in Brunswick includes a range of exciting, resource-rich environments – including four soon-to-be-renovated outdoor spaces – where our exciting programs come to life. With easy access to public transport and street parking, the spacious centre also has a tinker lab, an indoor/outdoor classroom, mud pits, shady trees, wooden decking, and a range of age-specific ateliers. The community-minded Educators enjoy taking the Children out and about on regular excursions to maintain the great connections with the surrounding community. The team are proud to be culturally diverse and celebrate a variety of cultures and holidays throughout the year.
Working closely with your Portfolio Manager and your team of Teachers and Educators, you will enjoy;
- Being responsible and accountable for centre financial performance, including occupancy, wage management and controllable costs.
- Ensuring that your centre always demonstrates exceeding levels of practice as outlined in the National Quality Standard.
- Building a positive centre culture in line with Guardians core visions and values.
- Reviewing key performance indicators for your centre on a regular basis, with focus on revenue, debts, wages, occupancy and attendance.
- Ensuring that all policies and procedures are implemented, embedded, evaluated and reviewed in conjunction with team members and management on a regular basis.
- Advocating for the rights of every child and co-ordinating the implementation and evaluation of quality programs, which support the development of all children.
To be considered, you will have:
- A completed Diploma in Children’s Services and/or Bachelor of Education (or working towards)
- Prior experience working in a long day care centre in a leadership role.
- Sound, practical working knowledge and implementation of the NQF and the EYLF.
- Budget and financial accountability experience
- Current First Aid Certificate and Asthma & Anaphylaxis certificates.
- Current Working with Children’s Check.
If you would like the opportunity to be part of a Leading Childcare provider and make a difference in young people’s lives, we would love to hear from you!
Take the leap and APPLY NOW to join Guardian Childcare and Education
We offer referrals for Guardian employees so join us and bring a friend to refer and earn. For more details, visit: guardian.edu.au/careers/refer-your-friends
The safety and wellbeing of children will always be our top priority, Guardian Childcare & Education has a zero tolerance for any form of child abuse or harm.
Guardian Childcare & Education values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Diverse cultures, backgrounds and experiences strengthen our teams and help us grow. We are committed to providing a workplace where every person is valued, respected, and supported to progress.
We are also deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel a strong sense of belonging and connection.