Develop, inspire, and grow.
Creating safe and secure environments where young children thrive and where Teams are guided and nurtured to deliver best practice programs doesn’t just happen. It takes brave and professional people who want to turn their experience in early childhood education into a leadership role.
You’ve got passion. You’ve got skills and experience, so where to next? Becoming an Assistant Centre Manager is a step in your career where you can expand your knowledge and skills to have a broad view of how we provide the best early childhood education in Australia.
We believe we are one Team at Guardian, regardless of our Role. We want you to be able to grow your career at Guardian in the direction you choose. Becoming an Assistant Manager at Guardian Walker Street means that you will be part of the vital relationship between Educators, families, and children, working daily to put smiles on young faces.
Joining Guardian means having a great place to work, incredible colleagues, and benefits that include:
- Lead your ongoing professional development and learning through exceptional coaching, conferences, mentoring, and career advancement opportunities.
- Use your skills and experience to support business performance that supports sustainable investment in our practice, Centres, and Teams.
- Collaborate with the Centre Manager, Educators, and Teachers through workshops and meetings to share best practice and learn from each other as you innovate in early childhood education programs based on exploration, discovery, and play.
- Contribute to decisions about resourcing and the education environment for children.
- Enjoy a competitive salary and financial benefits, including attractive remuneration packages, generous childcare discounts, recognition and rewards, and an employee referral program
- Guardian Degree program – We can support you by offering paid study, flexible work hours, guardian mentors and reimbursement of course fees, because we want to see you succeed. (Terms & conditions apply)
- WHEREFIT – 2,000 discounted corporate offers at up to 50% off for gyms, studios, activewear, healthy meals, beauty and more…
- Paid first aid courses and renewals
Our Arthur Street centre in North Sydney, located close to public transport, is rated exceeding in the National Quality Standard. With a range of exciting, resource-rich environments including yoga experiences, a creek bed, a water play area, natural play structures and an open-plan atelier. The light-filled 51 place centre, includes our unique multi-age program, inviting all age groups to share a space, and buddy system between the preschoolers and babies. With a community-minded team of Educators who have been with the centre for a long time, we are proud to have a culturally diverse team and celebrate a variety of cultures and holidays.
Working closely with the Centre Manager and Leadership Team, you will enjoy:
- Supporting the Centre Leadership Team to create a safe and secure environment where children are supported to be brave, curious, and imaginative in their learning.
- Building lasting and meaningful relationships with families, so they feel informed and sure their children are receiving the best education and care in the community.
- Supporting the Centre Leadership Team to develop an exceptional culture of quality and safety that makes Guardian the Centre of choice in your community.
- Contributing to making your Centre an example of why Guardian is driven by its mindsets of being brave, positive, thoughtful, and professional in all aspects of our work.
- Developing skills to drive business performance that enables Guardian to invest 100% of profits into more high-quality education for young children across Australia.
To be considered, you will have:
- A completed Diploma in Children’s Services and/or Bachelor of Education (or working towards)
- Prior experience working in a long day-care centre in a senior or leadership role.
- Sound, practical working knowledge and implementation of the NQF and the EYLF.
- Budget and financial accountability experience
- Current First Aid and Asthma and Anaphylaxis certificates, and current Working with Children check.
So, what are you waiting for? Take the leap and apply now to join Guardian Childcare & Education.
We offer referrals for Guardian employees so join us and bring a friend to refer and earn. For more details, visit: guardian.edu.au/careers/refer-your-friends
Guardian Childcare & Education values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Diverse cultures, backgrounds and experiences strengthen our teams and help us grow. We are committed to providing a workplace where every person is valued, respected, and supported to progress.
We are also deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel a strong sense of belonging and connection.
The safety and wellbeing of children will always be our top priority, Guardian Childcare & Education has a zero tolerance for any form of child abuse or harm.
ApplicationDetailsAre you ready to take the next step in your career? Becoming an Assistant Centre Manager at Guardian [location] is where you can expand your knowledge and skills to be part of providing the best early childhood education in Australia.