Novel Coronavirus Update
Ensuring the health and wellbeing of our children, families, and team remains our highest priority, we will ensure our information is regularly updated. For more COVID-19 related resources, daily updates, current facts and figures, travel advice, key phone numbers and to find answers to your questions about the latest news please visit these state-based government websites:
9th April 2020
Is childcare free for everyone?
Yes. The scheme is for all families who use early learning childcare centres – no matter what your profession is or your current employment status. The funding will apply from April 6 and the payments will be paid in lieu of the Child Care (CCS) and Additional Child Care Subsidy payments.
That said, priority of access will be given to children of essential workers (emergency workers/health services) vulnerable and disadvantaged children and children with pre-existing enrolments.
Enrolments in the centres will be reduced to ensure the centre complies with social distancing rules, WH&S act and limiting numbers of children and educators within a 4sqm area as per Government requirements.
18th March 2020
As issues with the coronavirus changes and develops it’s important to stay informed. Help stop the spread, know your risk and monitor your health. These short videos detail good practices that everyone can adopt.
16th March 2020
Everyone must practice good hygiene to protect against infection and prevent the virus spreading. This self-assessment for risk of coronavirus is a great tool to help us proactive in our approach. Additionally, here’s the link to Frequently Asked Questions for our families.
14th March 2020
Protecting the health and wellbeing of our children, families, and team is our highest priority. That is why we are being proactive in how we are managing the rapidly evolving Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation.
We want to let you know the steps we’re taking to help keep members of the Guardian family as safe and healthy as possible;
- We’ve established a COVID-19 taskforce that reports directly to our CEO each day.
- We’re in regular contact with state government health departments and are closely monitoring updates from a variety of experts to ensure we are as well prepared as possible.
- We are working with other large providers in the sector to ensure we are well informed
- We are in regular communication with our families keeping them informed of our plans and the current state of affairs with the outbreak
- We have prepared a wide range of materials, advice and policies and procedures for our educator teams to keep them informed and well prepared
- We continue to enhance our hygiene practices, including; disinfecting high-touch surfaces like door handles, regular handwashing for children and adults and rotating toys out of classrooms so we can sanitize them more frequently.
- We have well-defined policies and procedures that determine how we operate our centres. We have been adapting these based on the latest government advice and have also created a specific plan to enable our centres and support teams to respond to the COVID-19 situation.
To keep our families informed, this page will be updated regularly with the latest information. If you have any questions, please email us at [email protected]