In the Kitchen: Italian Pork Ragú Lasagne Recipe
To celebrate the flavours of homestyle cooking, Glenda, our Chef at Guardian Collins Street has shared her favourite recipe for Italian Pork Ragú Lasagne. This dish is a firm favourite amongst the children and Educators!
“This recipe is ideal for every occasion and is really easy to make so you can get a perfect result even in the first attempt. I hope you enjoy it as much as me and my family do,” says Glenda.
Glenda’s Italian Pork Ragú Lasagne
- 3 pack lasagne sheets
- 1kg diced pork
- 350g onions
- 150g celery
- 150g zucchini, finely diced
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 100g carrots
- 2L Italian tomato sauce with basil
- Olive oil
- 250g mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 250g parmesan cheese
- 100g Nuttelex
- 1L Milk
- 250g Flour
- In a small pot, bring to heat 750ml of milk, one teaspoon of mixed herbs and Nuttelex.
- In a bowl, mix the rest of the milk with the flour.
- Once the milk is hot (not boiling) add slowly the mixture of cold milk and flour, stirring continuously until it becomes dense and take off the heat.
- Add the parmesan cheese and mix thoroughly, put aside.
Pork Ragu Sauce:
- Heat up a large pot with olive oil. Cook the onions, garlic, celery and carrots until lightly golden, then add zucchini to cook for a few minutes.
- Add the pork and cook until brown. Once the pork is cooked through, add the Italian tomato sauce and heat up for about 15 minutes.
- Once the sauce is ready, mix it together with the Bechamel sauce.
- Spread Nuttelex over a deep tray, covering completely.
- Add some of the sauce just to coat the bottom of the tray.
- Add one layer of lasagne pasta, followed by a layer of the creamy Pork Ragu sauce. Coat with a layer of mozzarella cheese.
- Follow Step 10 two to three times (depending on tray depth), making sure the last layer has mozzarella on top
- Place the oven at 180 ̊C for about 30 minutes or until the top layer of cheese is melted and golden.
Chef’s Tip: Make sure the lasagne tray is not close to the top heating elements inside the oven – place it on the lowest shelf so it cooks evenly.
Looking for the right Childcare Centre for your Family?
Submit your details and a member of our Concierge Team will be in touch to discuss what you need and how we can help you experience something more than childcare.
We'll be in touch soon.