National Facilities Manager
We are looking for a National Facilities Manager responsible for leading a small team of Facilities Managers to deliver outstanding service to the network of centres by ensuring that buildings and their services meet the needs of the people that work in them.
This role can be based in Sydney, Melbourne, or Brisbane.
This is a leading and doing role whereby the National Manager, and their team of 2 Facilities Managers, will be responsible for overseeing portfolios of centres and all key repairs and maintenance tasks.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Manage and Lead a team of Facilitieis Managers to deliver and ensure the maintenance of centres to the highest standards.
- Provide Leadership and strategic direction to ensure the Facilities processes and structure are scalabale for the anticipated growth mandate.
- Developing the use of tools and resources to create maximum efficncy within the team.
- Liaise and problem solve as part of a team, all facets of site presentation, site upkeep, and repairs for Guardian
- Effectively manage maintenance schedules and contractual agreements
- Emergency response works to ensure a safe and operational continuance
- Conduct audits verifying presentation standards are met, maintenance activities performed are in accordance with agreed scopes, and reporting any projected required Capex needs for lifecycle planning.
- Ensure 100% compliance with industry regulations, safety, and risk to keep children safe at all times within our sites
- Assist in the Management of landlord and property-related issues ensuring sites are safe and fully operational
- Effectively manage minor projects e.g. warranties, retention, handover of new sites, upgrades
- Provide effective and regular communication and support to Site managers, Property, Operations, Health & Safety, and Compliance teams
- Regularly provide reports and analysis of business performance to key stakeholders
- Provide reports to National Facilities Manager and Head of Property as required
To be considered for this role you will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification with a technical or trade-related background and relevant multi-site management experience
- High emotional intelligence and ability to work in high volume environment
- Experience in managing service contracts and multiple suppliers
- Proven track record in exceptional customer service
- Superior verbal and written communication and people management skills
- Strong organisational/ administrative skills
- Strong outlook and Microsoft 365 suite abilities
- Ability to be an asset to a team and work collaboratively to achieve great outcomes
- Must have a valid Working with Children Check (Employee Category – not a Volunteer Category)
- Must have a valid driver’s license and willingness to travel
- Childcare industry experience
- Project management experience
- Training/presenting skills
Why Work at Guardian?
- You’ll have meaningful work, within a company that is passionate about shaping the world of tomorrow through the children of today
- A supportive environment that empowers you to thrive and gives you the autonomy, accountability and flexibility to shape your own success
- Growing company with career development opportunities
- Childcare discounts
- Hybrid working arrangements available
So, what are you waiting for? Take the leap and APPLY NOW to join Guardian Childcare and Education